“Food Good, Service Sucks”
Review of Comfort Food

Comfort Food
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Went here for the first time last night, we were seated immediately and the place is very cute and small. Looks very clean. My friend and I were talking when the server came over, and we said "can we have one minute". The menu is one-page and we both kind of saw already what we wanted. Literally 20 minutes later, another girl came over to ask if we were ready. Our meals were served, and nobody EVER CAME BACK to our table. Not to see if we wanted more water, not to see if our food came out right, nothing. The place is small and there is absolutely no excuse not to stop and see what we needed. I wanted ice, my friend wanted iced tea, we needed a container to go, I wanted to ask for a dessert menu, so we decided that there are about 100 restaurants between our homes and here, and there is no reason to put up with service like this. Our plates sat on the table until our check was brought over. We decided to go somewhere else for dessert so we got up and left. We were both in the restaurant business, cause no problems and tip great, so I wish them success because the food was good but we will not be back.

2  Thank jerseygirl047
Amanda H, General Manager at Comfort Food, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

I am so sorry for your experience. We would love to get a little more information from you so that we can better educate our staff as we value your feed back.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We picked up some food for lunch today (chicken salad and chicken tacos). We had assumed the chicken salad was a sandwich - it isn't. It was provided in a container like you would receive at a supermarket. Far better quality salad though - extremely fresh and tasty! The chicken tacos were very good, but not at all heated. In fact, the meat and beans were cold as though they had just come out of the fridge. Nonetheless, these too were quite tasty.

While we were not aware the food would come this way, the quality of it will bring us back in the near future. In fact, we'll likely eat in the restaurant portion next time. Really a quality find where you wouldn't expect it.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We were going to be in the area picking up tile for a home project so I looked up a nice place to grab some brunch, picking this restaurant. When we arrived and went to the podium the man standing there pretty much ignored us. My husband spoke up and asked if we could be seated, noticing there were already a few people eating. He said no, that it was takeout only after a certain time. Being a ways from home we didn't want take out that we had to wait to eat until we got home or that we had to eat while driving so we left.

Terribly inconvenient and a bad business model.

1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Outstanding!! Chef Kim Quay is a talented cook with a deep understanding of food and flavor. She is aided, it seemed, by a small army of of able cooks and staff. The are plenty of options here to make everyone happy.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I had been hearing about this place for a long time but never been. Why have I waited so long. Adorable little place with amazing food. The General Tso's Cauliflower is not to be missed. The salads are delicious. And the desserts are special. The Mexican chocolate cookie has a hint of spicy heat that lingers in the back of your mouth with every dark chocolate bite.