“great reco thru trip advisor forum”
Review of Bistro 19

Bistro 19
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

used TA to find place to bring the family for late lunch/early dinner. great previous reviews were accurate. nice atmosphere, great food and affordable..at least with the lunch menu we recieved ( dinner prices weren't cheap but i was going to splurge anyway before being handed a lunch menu around 330). Vegie stack ap was great as was calamari. Crab cake was very good and served wit fresh vegies and some fancy type white rice..a full meal

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Though Bistro 19 isn't really close for us, I can't wait to return. The service was wonderful and the food was amazing. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of it before we started eating. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious. I highly recommend a couple of the courses you could only get on the restaurant week special menu. The Sea bass corn tart with bacon guacamole & brown sugar and ginger seared tuna served with basmati, crispy carrots, and vegetable curry were amazing and my Dad really enjoyed his salmon (not on the special menu), too.

Side note: Though they don't say it on their main page, they recommend reservations. We went early, but it's a very small restaurant and I can see it getting crowded easily. You need to call for reservations, but it's worth it to make sure you get a table!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Was in town overnight and this was an excellent dinner choice close to hotel. Reviews accurately described restaurant! 5 min walk from hotel.

1  Thank AJH
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Small, reservations highly recommended. Food is excellent, high quality and very nicely presented. Staff is pleasant andknowlegable. Nice, enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Every time I visit Pittsburgh, this list on my list - sometimes I go 2 or 3 times in a week. . And I always get the same thing - A beet and goat cheese salad, a vegetable stack with a side of fingerling potatoes and a Manhattan. YUM! Every time, I'm in Heaven. The bread is awesome too. The people I'm with try different menu items - duck, shrimp, salmon - and they're always pleased. Nice atmosphere, there's always a lively buzz in the air and the staff are great.

1  Thank AQLily