“Good wine, bring your own glasses!”

Greendance The Winery at Sandhill
More attraction details
Owner description: At Greendance-The Winery at Sand Hill, when we uncork a Greendance wine, we find within the bottle the sun, the earth, the flowers, and the fruit. Here we offer the complete wine experience including tastings, personalized histories of each wine, food pairings, entertainment, holiday celebrations, unique wine merchandise, and gourmet snacks—an extraordinary experience any time of year. Consumers can choose from nearly 50 wines including homegrown berry wines, sweet and dry red and white grape wines, sparkling wines, dessert wines, ports, and blush/rose wines. As the sister company of Sand Hill Berries, Greendance crafts its wine from what it grows. Throughout the summer season you will find private seating areas between the tall Nectar Garden grasses and flowers where guest can enjoying a sip of exceptional craftsmanship. On weekends and during special events throughout the summer there is live music on the garden stage, a variety of gourmet snack and sandwich options, several luncheon dates available courtesy of our culinary friends, desserts from the outdoor Cabin Cafe, and of course the flock of eager guineas moseying about. Sand Hill’s outdoor dessert cafe is open May through October (weather permitting) where you can get pie and cheesecake by the slice, along with sandwich and salad selections available inside the winery. Our food items are all made fresh so please call for availability—during busy days we may sell out of certain food items. A complement to the region’s exquisite natural landscape, Greendance is a welcome respite—a place of ultimate relaxation and enjoyment.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Greendance is my go-to winery in my area. The gardens are lush and the wine is good. I feel that that have too many sweet wines, and too many wines in general. But, there seems to be something for everyone's palate. Sweet to dry. They have lots of live music during the summer and recently added food, which seems over priced and when popular bands play, you'll wait in line for 45 min. You can no loner bring your own food like you could in the past. And bring your own glasses, lest you be stuck drinking wine out of plastic. On busy weekends, bring your own chair, as the good shaded seating fills up rapidly.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the winery on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. There was a jazz band playing in the garden. We first went to do a tasting. The servers were attentive and friendly. You get six samples and it's free. Our server was very knowledgeable about the different wines. In the tasting area there are some snacks that you can purchase as well as some wine drinking merchandise. We purchased a bottle to take home and a cold one to enjoy a right then. The winery has an area outside while you can uncork your bottle and they also have plastic cups. We found a table in the shade and ordered some lunch. My husband had an Italian roast beef sandwich with a side salad. I had chicken salad on a croissant with pasta salad. My meal was $10 and his was 12. Very reasonable and you could tell that everything was homemade. There were about 10 to 12 different lunch items to pick from and it seems like this changes from weekend to weekend. There was also another window where you could order some of their homemade desserts by the slice. We were too full after our lunches to get anything. There is a farm store on the premises or you can buy fresh jellies, cookies, and pies. There is it also a beautiful cutting garden where you can purchase flowers to make your own bouquet. There are farm animals here and there as well. Overall it's just a great place to enjoy some wine and a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. As a sidenote, this winery does not permit you to bring in your own food and snacks.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Greendance has done a great job creating a relaxing venue. Good food, nice wine and live music. Enjoy

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We went for lunch with three friends. We all had different sandwiches which were very good. Nice, knowledgeable pourers helped us make good choices of wine. Nice selection of wines. They also have a nice gift shop with assorted wine accessories. Also cheese, crackers & jellies etc. This is a nice place to have lunch & buy some good wine.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I enjoyed the wines here. However, I am appalled by the no outside food policy. I have a medically restricted diet. The only food I could safely eat was salad, which had to be modified so I could eat it. It was not very filling and I got sick from the food, due to cross contact with allergens. Do not eat here if you have any dietary restrictions. I will not be back.