“Delicious”
Review of Sadie's Bake Shop

Sadie's Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Narvon
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Best cinnamon bread around. Great for making French toast. Custard filled longjohns are awesome. Good variety of skylights and pies.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I must start off this review with a bit of hesitation, because I fear after reading this, Sadie's will no longer retain the status of "hidden gem" which tends to be a bit overused these days, but I must confess it REALLY is a hidden gem. Sadie's Bake Shop has been family run by a wonderful Amish family for the past fifty years and it is literally in the basement of their house! This may sound both shady and unappealing, but I can confirm it is neither. To start, the drive out is beautiful - lots of farms, rolling hillsides, uncluttered vistas, etc... When you finally arrive (and believe me I thought Google Maps got it wrong when I arrived!) you park in the back of their house and follow the small signs that lead you down to their back basement door with a sign that simply reads "Sadie's Bake Shop." Open the door and immediately you are overcome by the smell of fresh baked apple fritters, doughnuts, shooflly pie, and tons more! The prices are ridiculously reasonable and the quality is as you can imagine - amazing. Twenty bucks will get you a LOT of baked goods, but be sure to bring cash - no cards accepted (as expected) My suggestion is to take the ride out on a sunny day and make a day of it. It's not in Lancaster, but about 40 minutes northeast of it. Also be sure to call before you go, as they are not open two days out of the week ( I Believe Sunday and Wednesday?)

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It's hard to find a bad bakery in the farm lands of Lancaster, but with that's said, Sadies 's is the best of the best. The blueberry donut holes are amazing and my personal favorites are the cream filled powder donuts. Oh and the cinnamon donuts. And everything. This place is as authentic as it gets. Stop in and bring cash and be prepared to want to eat everything you see!

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I love the Christmas cutout cookies. Breads are to die for. And the donuts!! Doesn't get much better

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We were camping nearby and looked for somewhere to grab a quick bite in the area. There are not a lot of offerings, but we decided at some point to go to Sadie's since my 8 year shares the same name. We are so glad we did.

Finding it was a great experience in itself. Absolutely beautiful area. We took a number of back roads and went over a covered bridge. When the GPS said we were there I was confused, since I had not seen the sign out front and you are basically at someone's home/farm. Even once in the drive we were not sure where to park. We asked the gentleman washing his horse in the drive where we should stop.

Inside was an authentic Amish bakery. Everything made by hand and without electricity. The shop itself was interesting to see. There was a good variety of items, and in two visits that weekend we certainly tried our share. My favorites were the sticky buns and cinnamon bread - but there are a lot of great choices. The second time we visited my wife got a great cinnamon twist that was baked two days prior - for 1/2 price. They were awesome and we wished we had bought more.

We will always drag our car down when camping there so we can explore the beautiful surrounding area - and our trip will not be complete without a visit to Sadie's. Oh -some very friendly dogs on the property so make sure you give them a little attention. My girls played fetch with one for quite some time.

1  Thank Thomas P