“Guitar Heaven”
Review of Martin Guitars

Martin Guitars
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Nazareth
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether making guitars for god (Eric Clapton) or mortals, Martin Guitar does all 300 steps by hand.
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

When you come here make sure you take the tour through the factory. It takes about an hour and 10 minutes but is well worth the free admission. You are graced to see from start to finish the makings of a guitar. There is a museum inside as well. Not to be missed much history

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"step by step"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We were keeping our 10 year old grandson for a couple days and since he enjoys music (piano) we thought he might enjoy visiting this place. We drove over a hundred miles to get there, arriving about 10am and since the first tour (free, by the way) didn’t start until 11 am we had time to visit the museum. There was a photo shoot going on and they explained to us that they were celebrating what would have been Johnny Cash’s 100th birthday. They asked my grandson if he wanted to hold the actual Martin Guitar that Johnny played. What a great photo opportunity! Not only did Johnny Cash play a Martin, but so did everybody who was anybody in the entertainment business. I think you would be hard pressed to name anyone who did not play a Martin! Anyway the museum visit was spectacular.....but the tour of the manufacturing facility was even better! There were only 5 of us in the tour group and we were the guests of a knowledgeable Martin employee. The tour lasted about an hour and we got to see every aspect of the process which was synchronized combination of highly mechanized machinery and world class craftsmanship.
I would highly recommend this visit and this tour to anyone.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My husband ordered a guitar and since we where not too far of a trip we went and picked it up and took the tour. . Can really appreciate all the work that goes into these guitars once you take the tour and see them being built. The museum is totally assume and all the different guitars and who used them - I'm not a musican and yet I loved every bit of it. It's all free too!!!! (Not the guitar!!!! ). Makes a nice 1/2 day trip!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This experience was excellent. Great tour setup in a real working factory and a wonderful museum. Friendly people.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Even if you don't play the guitar this is a fascinating tour of a factory where ACTUAL HUMANS are building beautiful guitars. Of course they also use machines but there are several steps in the process that are still 100 percent performed by human hand (or human ear because each guitar has to be played and listened to before it is released for sale). My dad gave my mother a Martin Guitar when I was 5 years old (45 years ago - yikes!) and she later gave it to me. I still play it (badly) and it still sounds great! Martin Guitars are amazing and even if you are just a music lover, or interested in seeing a working factory that isn't totally automated, this is a great thing to see. You get to go step by step through the guitar making process and can watch the workers up close. Some of the workers took a few minutes to talk to us to explain what they were doing. My favorite part was where they were doing the delicate decorative inlay work that makes the higher end guitars so beautiful and special. You should also check out the Martin Guitar museum which is small but very cool because they have some amazing guitars including one owned by Kurt Cobain, a special edition for the radio show "Car Talk" and a lot of other beautiful instruments. There's also a small shop and a room where you can play a variety of Martin Guitars. If you're in the Philadelphia area, which is where I am, it's a little bit of a hike to get there but totally worth a day trip if you have the time and love Martin Guitars and there are some surprisingly good restaurants within a 15 minute drive of the factory.