“"Locals Night" Dinner Was Amazing”
Review of Centre Bridge Inn

Centre Bridge Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Centre Bridge Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 100 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$29 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Special Occasion Destination
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I had been to the Centre Bridge Inn about 10 years ago for a business dinner. I pass by the restaurant a couple of times a week and noticed a sign for "Locals Dinner: $19.99". Six of us met in the bar for a cocktail prior to dinner (happy hour from 5 - 7:00 p.m. features half price drinks.) The restaurant was beautifully decorated for the holidays but very few of the tables were occupied and the bar was empty. Once we sat down for dinner, our server was friendly and efficient. We chose an appetizer, main dish and dessert from the $19.99 locals menu, which is offered on Weds. nights. First, we were served warm bread. My dinner consisted of a crisp Caesar salad topped by freshly sliced parmesan, scallops and shrimp over goat cheese risotto with green beans, and creme brulee for dessert. Everything was fantastic. However, they did run out of the creme brulee and several of my friends opted for a maple sweet potato flan dessert, which was delicious. While I can't say if their regular menu is worth the extra cost, I'll definitely be back for the Centre Bridge Inn's locals night.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Love the ride north along the river on a beautiful winding road to get there. We usually go in winter to enjoy the big stone fireplace.. The food is always good and the service attentive. This past time we went in April as I asked my husband to take me there for you birthday.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

This was a holiday weekend and we expected the Restaurant to be very busy. However there were only a handfull of people being served. Staff appeared to be good but service was unbelievably poor with long waits for drinks and meal.
Food was over priced and quality not that great as well. Quantity of food served was also very limited
Will not return or recommend this to anyone who is expecting Good food, great setting or good value.

Very disappointed

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I can't speak for this place when they're super busy, because every time I was there it was a slow night (last time was a Sunday around 5) However, I would say the service is outstanding and the food is delicious. There may not be anything cutting edge about the way they serve/prepare the food but the portions were generous and high quality. Yes they have a lot of competition in the area but this is still one of my old favorites. Also, you can't beat the view.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I had dinner here on a recent Saturday night for the first time in about 10 years. I don't know if there are new owners, but the experience was not as it used to be.

As one person said, the main dining room feels like a wedding venue. Our party of 3 was seated at a super tiny, round table in the middle of the room. The tables were placed haphazardly throughout the large room. We still had a lovely view of the river. The service was the major problem. Our waiter was very nice, but clearly needed help. There was a private function upstairs and he said he needed to tend to those patrons as well. This was the night before Mother's Day. One would think they would have extra staff available, but I never saw another waiter or waitress. We were seated at 7:15 and our appetizers arrived at 8:45. I am not kidding. We would have said something, but never saw the waiter during our wait. However, the calamari and salad were delicious. Our entrees were served well after 9 PM. I was going to order the filet mignon but the server said they "ran out". Weird for Mother's Day weekend. Instead I ordered the fried chicken with grits The chicken was overdone, but the grits were good. A member of my party ordered the duck, to be served over risotto. The duck was delicious but there was no risotto on the plate....only sautéed kale on the side. We were so hungry, we did not make a fuss. At this point, the dining room was nearly empty and who knows when the risotto would have arrived. We were the last people out of the room at 9:30. Didn't even try dessert.

This historic inn is so beautiful. I really hope they can work out whatever issues they seem to be having. I would give them another chance, maybe on a less busy weekend or for brunch.

2  Thank 186christinew