“One helping of french fries shy of five stars!”
Review of Square One Pub

Square One Pub
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Mid-week dinner at Square One last night was almost perfect, especially for a neighborhood pub where the atmosphere often is better than the food. But Square One is different. The service was excellent - prompt, solicitous, and genuine. The food was excellent - save for the fried, but more on that later. This may have been the best fish (of the fish and chips) I've tasted - moist cod, perfectly fried with a crisp exterior, served with tarter sauce AND cocktail sauce. Delicious - and I believe - homemade cole slaw as well. My dinner partner order tuna melt which was served on cibatta bread (nice touch). The tuna had perfect consistency, albacore with just enough mayonnaise (though the Swiss on top should have been melted more). OK, the fries (with the fish and chips). Frying a minute or two longer would have yielded excellent fries, but my plate had flavorful, but soft fries that definitely needed the added texture of more fry time. Strange, too, because we also had onion rings that were crisp. Still, this restaurant is a terrific find (if off the beaten path for New Hope) and well worth a visit. We'll sure be back!

1  Thank beardocnj

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Convenient parking, lots of sports on TV. Good music for the baby boomer crowd. The food is tasty and generally the service is fairly quick. We usually go in later because my husband works late, but there is a very nice "early" menu. Good drink prices and nice menu.

I don't like sitting in the separate dining room. I prefer the bar, if I was with a large group of people and we needed a big table, maybe the other dining room would be fine. Two people sort of feel abandoned in there.

1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Headed back from philly and wanted pub and decent food. Looked on trip advisor and found square one. Considering the area thought there would have been more choices. Turns out this is a great choice for food location and cost. We would and probably be back if in the area.

1  Thank 3rcircus
Reviewed 24 February 2015

Consistently good food at fair prices in a comfortable environment. Great alternative to some of the pricier dining spots in New Hope.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

What a great addition to the food scene in our area. This was our first time. We were greeted by a lovely greeter, then visited by the mother of the owner at our table and then the owner/chef came to our table to greet us since we were new customers. Everyone else seemed to be a regular and greeted by name. My husband said this was the best Ruben he has ever had. I had the homemade wedding soup. I make a lot of soup and rarely find soup that is good and really made from scratch in restaurants. I can tell the difference. Wonderful soup. I also had the Cuban sandwich which was as big as my head. I immediately put half in a box and shared the other half with my husband. My husband and I split the second half for lunch the next day. That is how large it was. Simply delicious. He had the fabulous sweet potato chips and I had the onion rings. Both beyond our expectations. They have a private room to the left which is great for groups. I will be back to this local place. They know how to please their customers.

1  Thank Linda F