“A real find!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2016

Yesterday, during the Shad Festival in Lambertville, we crossed the river and had THE BEST LUNCH EVER at Taste of the World! We brought with us a small growler from Triumph Brewery across the way. We started with sharing the empanadas -- which were crisp, with a very FRESH taste -- light, airy, delicious. My husband ordered the Ancho Blackened Chicken Breast sandwich with steak fries, and I ordered the Chicken Milanese salad (and added some parmesan to it). The portions were large and we took half home with us. However, the taste of the food was YUMMY. The chicken in both dishes was cooked to perfection -- crispy/blackened on the outside and juicy on the inside! We decided to save room for dessert as our KIND server suggested that the homemade desserts were too good to pass up. My husband had the key lime pie. As a man who had traveled to St Croix on business more times than I can remember, he knows key lime pie. He felt this one was one of the best he had ever had. It was rich with a true lime flavor (not fake lime) but without being too sweet (which often happens). Now my dessert was so memorable I will have to go back and have it again. I had margarita cheesecake. The flavor was fresh and light! Graham cracker crust and a maybe sour cream top (not sure), really made it a dessert I had to completely finish. What a find! Well will go back. If you are in Lambertville or New Hope -- CHECK THIS PLACE OUT! Delicious!

Reviewed 17 April 2016

On our third attempt at lunch here we got served. Not only did we get served but we received fabulous friendly service from the owner Larry, who greeted us with evidence of having just snacked on bacon. A lovely menu with too many choices and I could not get the scent of bacon out of my mind so I asked for a menu modification of grilled, bacon, tomato and cheese. My companion ordered a bowl of soup and the Gluten Free Mexican Pizza. I'm always delighted and grateful when simple adaptations can be made to my satisfaction. That GCBT sandwich had two different cheeses and was grilled perfectly golden. It came with large potato fries. My companion enjoyed the vegie/tortilla soup. The menu for the pizza indicated a potato crust but I was still not prepared for the beautifully delicate scalloped potato crust heaped with all kinds of tasty stuff and a green tomatillo avocado sauce that made my tongue talk without me. Larry was the best host and when he suggested we share a dessert we were all in. I do like key lime pie but when he advised that we go for the chocolate flan thing that was not on the menu once again I followed recommendations. I am so glad I did. Nephew was not that impressed but being a lover of chocolate, flan and brulees, I thought this was remarkable in both appearence and flavor. We had no problem finishing it off. The bill was reasonable under $50 with tip. Glad I gave it the third chance. Oh parking is weird with the meters....best to have quarters.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

One of the more ordinary meals I have had in a long time at sky high prices ... I should have bit the bullet and traveled to PHL for a good meal rather than an amateur attempt at Taste of the World, especially at the prices at this place.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Ate here with a group of 6. We ordered several different entrees. All were delicious. Service was good and the owner spoke with us. Liked the fact is was a BYOB. The food is a little pricy but worth it. Will be back.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

We ate here for the first time recently. We were a party of four, and everyone loved their meal. The menu is unusual with plenty to choose from, including options for vegetarians. The Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Strudel appetizer received excellent reviews from two of our party. The Kale Salad was fantastic - a very large salad with finely diced veggies and a well-balanced dressing. I had the Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Grits; the shrimp were perfectly cooked and the dish was full of flavor (subtle lemon). Two of our party had the Cod, which they repeatedly said was flaky and delicious. Portions are nicely sized - you definitely get enough to fill you. BYOB and plenty of parking in front. This restaurant is not in a typical New Hope charming building, but is in a new building and is comfortable and nicely laid out. It's accessible and big enough to be easily navigated. There are two event rooms, too. One warning - I don't think it's a place to go if you're in a hurry. Given the menu choices and the quality of the food, along with the BYOB, I think this is an excellent value for New Hope and Doylestown. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank JEBSV3