See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Let me start by saying the trip was not horrible but needs some help. This KOA has a beautiful location but the campground not so much. Staff were nice Wi-Fi was horrible and if you have Verizon phones like us the area is a dead zone! No Kamp K-9 only a unfenced play area for dogs way to close to the road. Our site was in need of gravel desperately! the site was unleveled even where you walked! Also beware some sites are companion sites which mean you are facing each other!! They need to change that! will not be returning again because their are better KOA'S in the area.

Room Tip: Some sites are companion sites which mean you and your neighbor share the same space you are facing each other!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janine K
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Not such a great stay !!i made reservations two month s prior reserved four cabins had to cancel two. When I received update of reservation one of the cabin was booked for only two nights instead of tree I contacted them and they would not rectify their mistake had to get a different cabin that was double the price spoke to manager and she would not compensate anything for their mistake. Campsite very poor overcrowded and they kept driving around with golf carts to monitor campsite all day and night making a lot if noise and dust I felt I was camping on a highway if u plan on camping I m sure you can find a much more tranquil setting defenetly not to koa standard.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Agnese S
Reviewed 29 July 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed in a cabin here over a weekend. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the grounds are, and our accommodations in the cabin. Since it was just the two of us, the cabin was perfect. They provided pots and pans and even a ration of coffee and sugar for the coffee maker. We seen a lot of families with children and were surprised how peaceful and quiet it was. Our only complaint was the firewood we were given for the firepit was damp, so we weren't able to have our campfire the first night we were there. They constantly patrol the campground on their golf carts, picking up any trash and assisting with any issues other campers may have, and that was nice. There's a decent pool there, and lots of stuff to do for little ones in addition to just relaxing. It is out in the middle of nowhere, stores and all are about 10+ miles away (they do have a little general store in the office as well), so they are accessibly in case of an emergency but I suggest making sure you pack everything you need to enjoy your stay. You're provided a map of the campground and also a list of activities for the week and weekend as well as nearby attractions. For those of you who are not so outdoorsy, there's Wi-Fi! We're definitely going to stay again.

Room Tip: The cabins are great for couples, can fit some kids in there but it would be a bit cramped.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2015

When booking primitive tent site found out price quoted was for 2 adults only. I was traveling with just 1 adult and 4 children. They insisted that they must charge me an additional $3/night per child... and with that being rediculous as it is for a "family campground" to not include 2 children in a site fee like most other places... they wouldn't even allow my 17 year old to be considered as the other adult. They said I had to pay for all 4, no exceptions. Insane! I'll take our business elsewhere, thanks!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Renee K
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed here on visit to Dormey Park. Was close to the park and very nice. Had a site on the creek with full hookups and cable. The site was very level and grassy. Kids loved the pool and playground. Would consider this again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family