Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$109
Booking.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
eDreamsUS$139
TravelocityUS$109
Orbitz.comUS$109
All reviews continental breakfast no elevator kathy tavern loft ghost
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2020

Charming inn, lodging, and excellent staff. Delicious dinner in the quaint tavern. Inn doesn't have a parking lot; but there was ample parking on the side street. I was at the inn for a week and liked it so much that I'll be bringing my wife next time!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 15 July 2020

I was travelling for work and needed a room for a single night. The Inn offers an $89 business traveler rate and you must call to book it. I sent an email and the owner Kathy got back to me the same day and booked the room for me. For history lovers, this is a very interesting place to stay. I had dinner at the tavern and Kathy showed me the restaurant dining room that George Washington met with his men in during the Revolutionary War. Dinner at the Tavern was wonderful and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly. I stayed in the Haunted Porter's Room which I was a bit nervous about but I'm pleased to stay that no ghosts bothered me! I will definitely stay here again if I return to town.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

The Temperance House is a very nice hotel. It follows the historic tradition of rooms above the tavern. Excellent location! There is plenty of street parking, but just be sure to check the signs for time limits. The rooms have character and are not cookie cutter. Everything was very clean and the restaurant serves amazing food! The innkeeper (Kathy) is also very nice. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 580hansr
Reviewed 29 July 2019

We chose this for an overnight trip to a wedding because it was a historic inn at a reasonable price that included breakfast. We love places with a story and thought this seemed to fit the bill.

It's located right in town -- can't miss it! Do talk to them about parking on weekdays, as it's on-street parking and there are length limits. Weekends it's not a problem.

Be sure to find the entrance that says LODGING - there are three -- Restaurant, Tavern and Lodging. Not a problem, just a bit awkward dragging luggage through the rooms.

Parts of this inn date to 1722, so do not expect a Marriott! Remember, you are choosing Temperance House for the charm!

There is no elevator (to my knowledge) and the stairs are narrow. We loved climbing the stairs and following the crooked path to our room. Reminded me of inns in Ireland and the UK.

Our room (Chairman's Suite aka Haunted Porter's Suite aka Room 5) was cozy and complete. Tiny bathroom, but everything was provided.The bed was comfortable, but I did wonder about the rustling of my pillow. Didn't check because I was so tired, but I suspect it was covered in a protective plastic pillow slip.

The breakfast was disappointing. Since the Inn has a restaurant, I expected maybe a breakfast casserole or fresh muffins, but there was only an assortment of "breakfast pastries" and bagels from a big box store. With so many people avoiding carbs, I found this to be a problem. At 9 a.m. there was one hard boiled egg remaining. I did locate some yogurt containers in the small fridge. I think fresh fruit would be a nice addition.

It was a nice departure from cookie-cutter hotel rooms, but I'd say the kids would be more comfortable elsewhere.

Room tip: ask not to be near the outdoor patio.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacie C
Reviewed 8 July 2019

Chose Temperance House after recommendation from a friend who lives in the area. We were looking for a change of pace (usually stay at Golden Plough when in Bucks County) and "The Temp" didn't disappoint. Got there early for check-in so we had lunch and drinks in bar. Nick was great, drinks were good and food plentiful & tasty. Check-in was easy and painless. Kathy (the owner) handed off key, gave us overview of hotel and couldn't have been more nice. After returning late from our evening out (11PM or so), Kathy was still there at the reception desk and offered us a more in depth tour of the hotel. Glad we accepted her offer. The history that is associated with this hotel is spectacular. We were in room # 1 (Edward Hick's Suite). Even though updated to modern-day standards, you could still picture George Washington or other Revolutionaries staying here. The floors were amazing to look at. Would definitely stay again! Thanks, Kathy, for a great experience. If you want charm, history, good value, food and drinks, visit "The Temp".

Date of stay: July 2019