“Different, fun, tasty and expensive”

Papaya Vietnamese Contemporary Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Papaya Vietnamese Contemporary Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in North Wales
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Went with another couple and shared 10 dishes (tuna ceviche, pea tips, rock shrimp 2x, chicken, spring rolls, short ribs, Brussels sprouts, seafood paella, and sea bass bites...all were good...especially liked the tuna, paella, sprouts and rock shrimp...a little pricy for the portion size (8 little shrimp and some salad for $12, $15 for a chicken quarter and some rice, $30 for the paella)...prices would be ok if they quantity was larger...very nice service...byob is always a plus...I'd go again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Menu is more of a Southeast Asian inspired cuisine, like Pad Thai, Papaya Salad, various meat selections which has many of the Asian inspired spices or condiments such as fish sauce, rice wine, sriracha, cilantro, etc.

Wings ($7) is just fine, it tasted as what it is listed on the menu, “Sweet & Salty...”. Adding a touch of hot Thai chili pepper would elevate it 100%. You get 6 pcs.

Ga (Chicken) Roti ($12)consist of two thigh/leg pieces....moist but just fine.
House Special Vermicelli ($18) has these flavorful pieces of Berkshire pork, two pieces of well seasoned shrimp, good spring roll. However, the rice noodles were a bit soggy, perhaps over cooked.

Came over for lunch with friends, all of us 1st timers. It is a little bit pricey with the amount of food you get. I would rather go to a traditional Vietnamese place...we may not be back for some time.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were visiting the area, it was lunch time, and we searched for a local restaurant. Papaya had very good reviews, and we were less than 5 minutes away - perfect! We both had pho - I had chicken, my husband had beef. It was so delicious! Big bowl of piping hot soup, with all the fresh sides of thai basil, sprouts, peppers. The waitress was very nice, and very prompt. Loved this place, and will be back when we're in the area again. There were a few very interesting dishes on the menu that I'd like to try.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My husband had tried this place for lunch and was very happy with the pho. It was too hot (90 degrees) and we didn't want hot and spicy soup. There is so much more! I had soft shell crabs, which were delicious. My husband had small plates of fried oysters and broccoli, with a smoothie. The crabs were a bit expensive (2 for $30 with a small salad) but delicious. The outside is deceiving--shopping center store front, but friendly and accommodating staff. Please try it. Very good quality food.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We have been going to Papaya for almost 2 years now since they opened. The food has been consistently good and the service is always excellent.

My favorite dish is the filet and meatball pho. The rest of the family can't stay away from the vermicelli. Top tip: Don't fill up on the prawn chips before your food arrives!