“Good but crowded ”
Review of Andy Warhol Museum

Andy Warhol Museum
Ranked #28 of 197 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Andy Warhol Museum is a vital forum in which diverse audiences of artists, scholars, and the general public are galvanized through creative interaction with the art and life of Andy Warhol. The Warhol is ever-changing, constantly redefining itself in relationship to contemporary life using its unique collections and dynamic interactive programming as tools.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We really liked the story boards that tell the history/story of Warhol. We left without really seeing the last 2 floors as there were a lot of people coughing and sneezing and it was freaking my wife out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"interactive exhibits"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed visiting this museum. The sheer volume of work, and the fact that Warhol kept everything makes this a fascinating journey through his life, and the era in which he lived and produced. I wish there was a little more on display of his time capsule box contents. I found the concept and execution fascinating.

1  Thank CrownRidgeBB
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Not only is the art impressive, but the layout is too. You start at the top floor then work your way down. It is set up as though you are going through his life from beginning tovebd too. A must stop if in Pittsburgh

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Let me be the first to say, I ABSOLUTELY HATE ANDY WARHOL! As far as I'm concerned, he is a complete fake, who may or may not have been fully "there." His "art" is mostly crap and most of it could be made by a small child with no artistic training whatsoever. So with that disclaimer out of the way, you are probably wondering why the heck I would ever go there. The answer being, I took my girlfriend there as a Christmas present, because she has crappy taste in art. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed it a bit and wasn't tortured at all to be there as I anticipated. The museum itself looks really cool, I got to see some stuff about his life which was actually fairly interesting (unlike his work), and I even got to see a few pieces of his art work that weren't garbage! Granted, I had to wade through something like 6,000 (I think that is what they said?) to find that small handful, but it was worth it. Overall, I had a good time and while I probably wouldn't return, it was a fun time and I'll give it a positive review. If for some reason you have a mental disorder and/or visual issues that cause you to actually enjoy most of Andy Warhol's so-called "art" then I can almost guarantee that you will absolutely love this place! The only bad thing is one of the floors toward the bottom is filled with complete garbage - purely modern stuff even worse than his. Oh and "The Factory" in the basement is like an art class from high school where you get to play and make art. Fun times!

1  Thank ChefRamsayTravels