I picked this hotel because of the fine gym and pool. I wasn't disappointed. There were 4 running machines and 4 elliptical trainers, free weights and a stationary bicycle all in a large room. The pool was also a good size and open from 6am until 11pm.
The bedroom was nice and big with in room coffee and a safe. A small bit of basic maintenance is needed(toilet seat, shower head, curtain tie back) but not really an issue. The WiFi was good and the breakfast buffet was good. I got the bus from the airport and walked to the hotel. I the way back to the airport I got an Uber from outside the door. There were a good selection of bars and restaurants within walking distance. My leg still sore so I wasn't able to jog but there were some good looking routes in the vicinity and it seemed safe to walk around. Free USA today in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown - in the heart of the central business district between the U.S. Steel Tower and BNY Mellon Complexes, walkable to PPG Paints Arena, and within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International (PIT) Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown and convenient access to the 'T' public transport from downtown to North Shore, spacious guest rooms and suites with free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and Bigelow Grille restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Doubletree Pittsburgh
- Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center
- Pittsburgh Doubletree