Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
PricelineUS$219
TravelocityUS$219
FindHotelUS$219
Trip.comUS$247
All reviews grand hall monk's bar benedictine monastery pnc park north side fresh fruit warhol museum across the street within walking distance small room breakfast was delicious shuttle downtown parking wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2022

A friend and I stayed here for two nights, and we both loved it. We booked two single rooms, and it was really nice to have the option of a smaller, single bed room, which reduced the price of the trip but still gave us a comfortable base. The rooms are very clean, nicely decorated, bathrooms are spotless and the shower is nice. All the staff we met were great: attentive, efficient and friendly. Michael the bartender makes a great cocktail! I would stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2022
John Graf, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us, and we're gratified that you enjoyed our hotel. We would be delighted to host you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2022

*This is not a paid advertisement, though I wish it was, I’ve been trying to sell my writing for years*

What do you get when you combine a former Benedictine monastery with modern style rooms, an intimate courtyard and the smallest bar in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania? An environment that is condensed Chicken Soup for the Soul. I firmly believe that this hotel finds you. I have stayed there multiple times since 2015 and use it as a reason to find a reason to stay in Pittsburgh. Not only is it easy to access from the highway, by letting you avoid all of the bridge and tunnel traffic going into the city, but is also home to some of the best hospitality specialists I’ve encountered. The Priory is like staying at an amazing Bed and Breakfast in something like a mansion.

When I give this place 5 stars I want to give it ten! Everything is great. Everything. From the front desk to housekeeping and from the shuttle drivers to bar tenders. Bar tenders sounds like an insult, cocktail crafters would be more apt. Every drink I’ve had at The Monk’s Bar comes theatrically and well composed. Micheal is a genius at his crafts, putting together drinks like the Petrichor that will invoke nostalgia of a sunny but damp spring day. But he being a man of many hats is also an amazing all of the above. If you’re lucky enough to encounter him there, mention my name, he might just give you a free conversation.

I haven’t even gotten to the water pressure or the croissant sandwich’s you can get, for free, for breakfast. I mean, the water pressure is always there and as a man that has stayed in plenty of hotels trying to wash a wing night’s worth of mistakes out of my beard I can tell you that most of them suck. Not here. Not The Priory. Their showers are like a pressure washer compared to ones I have used in more “luxurious” offerings. And that leads me to my final point, the croissant sandwich’s. Ham and cheese on a fresh baked croissant from a local bakery. It makes the morning feel a little bit easier. Like a nice cup of Folgers in 1997. Nostalgia. That’s what The Priory invokes. Someplace warm, someplace safe. It reminds me that sometimes wing night is a good idea on the road.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John Graf, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2022

Thanks so much for your kind review. We do strive to make each guest's stay as comfortable and quiet as possible, and we were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass along our comments to our team - they will very much enjoy hearing them. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2022

The Priory is so charming! Its within easy walking distance of the Warhol Museum and PNC Park, as well as some nice restaurants on East Ohio Street and Max's Tavern. The staff were amazing, especially Mandy, who was incredibly friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of the single rooms, which was very comfortable and had everything I needed. The Monk Bar on site is also pretty great. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Bess W

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to see you next time that you are in Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 21 June 2022

We stayed for two nights for games at PNC Park (a short walk away). The hotel is also within walking distance of a large number of attractions, restaurants and breweries. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was beautiful and well-appointed. We stayed here a few years ago and were glad we chose the Priory again. Parking was convenient, across the street from the front door.

Date of stay: June 2022

Thank you for coming back to stay with us. We are gratified that you enjoyed your visit, and hope to see you next time you visit Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

Everything about my stay from check-in to check-out was fantastic - the hotel is charming and one-of-kind.

However, do not make the same mistake I did in terms of parking. First night there I parked on Pressley St and had no issues aside for some people asking me for money when I was carrying my luggage to the hotel. Second day, I couldn’t find a spot on Pressley, so I parked on Avery St - turns out this is permit parking only, so I received a $45 ticket, additionally I must have bumped my key fob and left my car unlocked because the next morning I arrived to my car door open, and my vehicle completely ransacked. Fortunately they did not do any physical damage, but they took everything of value from my car. So please - don’t do what I did. There’s a parking lot you can pay for that will be far cheaper in the long run.

Room tip: Park in the lot - DO NOT park on the street.
Date of stay: March 2022