“different experience”

Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 27 May 2015

rooms need to be cleaner, especially floors left a day early Although the manager Allyson was great, just not my cup of tea. Alot of loud people staying there did not feel comfortable taking stuff at of van and people staring at us again not comfortable to me

Room Tip: not what used to, would not stay again
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie R

Reviewed 21 May 2015

This is your basic motel. The room were small and some what run down, but clean. The front desk was very nice. WI FI was worked well. There is coffee in the lobby in the morning. I did' t have any so I don't know if it was good. If you are looking for a place to crash I would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a good place to eat Central Diner and Grille is about 10 minutes away and is really good.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2015

We pre-booked and stayed over for one night on May 9th. It's a funky motel - old, but they obviously had someone come in and do a bit of an "Ikea" makeover that makes it adorable. Orange walls, laminate floors. Art deco accessories. I liked it. Dog friendly. Great coffee. Yes, the shower is weird, but if it's just for a night or two, who cares? It had better water pressure than the low flow shower head in the condo we had just rented for two weeks in Myrtle Beach. Put it this way. The next morning, the Motel 6 parking lot was full. The hotel next door - EMPTY. The young lady who checked us in on Saturday night just before 11 pm is an absolute treasure. I'm so sorry I don't remember her name. We were completely beaten up by a 13 hour drive and she was a breath of fresh air when we checked in. Loved her!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissFitz88
Reviewed 1 February 2015

I stayed at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton in the mid January 2015 for 2 nights together with 2 friends. It's a basic motel, but great for a short stay. Check-in was really fast and I think usually you have to pay for the wifi but we got 2 codes for free. Everybody was friendly and the room was clean. The size of the room, was okay and the beds were very comfortable. The shower head was not really high, but it fits for us (we're not the tallest persons). I think the value for the money was okay and I would stay here again if I'm on a road trip again. It's not a 4-star hotel, but it was great for a motel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank NCISabse
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This was a very basic motel. I stayed there as part of a road trip in November. We had driven from Ann Arbor following a Michigan University football game, and this was a stop en-route (circa 300 miles away). We must have arrived at the Motel 6 just after midnight. There was a man on the reception desk who checked us in. Based on the number of cars in the parking lot I would say that this was a popular stop for people and I’d guess it gets busy for Pittburgh sporting events (football etc)

The room we were given was on the ground floor of the motel. The door and windows didn’t hide noise all too well, but I was tired so slept well anyways (I could hear people chatting as they walked past the room in the morning). We did not request it, but the room we were given was disabled access so the bathroom had a really wide door, and a shower to the right of the toilet that allowed access to those in wheelchairs. Other than the bed and the TV / Drawer combination, there was no other furniture in the room. We were only there to sleep, and only for the one night so again this was not a problem.

I can’t say anything about the wi-fi as we did not use it. It was charged for (not free) though.

I think if I were to stay there again, I would try get a room on the upper floor so as to not be bothered by foot traffic from people heading to their cars / the reception area. We did not get any pictures of the room, but it was basic. Even more basic than the standard Motel 6s I have stayed at in the past! (our late check in my account for our Disabled-access room & therefore lack of room amenities maybe?)

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple