See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

My husband booked this place when we were in town for a Pirates game. When we arrived, there were two police cars out front with someone being detained. That should have been our first clue, but we continued as we had a schedule to maintain. Once we got into our room, it was a pleasant surprise. It had been freshly remodeled and was clean. We came back to the hotel late at night because of the game, and the parking lot was full and tons of people were outside, talking, drinking, smoking etc. Many people looked sketchy, but it is a budget motel. We gathered our belongings and went inside. Nobody bothered us and we didn't leave any valuables in the car. Not sure I'd come back, as it didn't feel very safe, but I can think of worse places to stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Not to far from downtown only 8 miles. Taxi services available fairly cheap too. Airport is not very far if you are in for business. Nice clean modern rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful with anything I needed. Overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

I am the first to admit that I am a bit of a hotel snob and wouldn't normally stay at a Motel 6. My son and I were in town for a Steelers game and just needed a place to sleep, so I thought it would be a good place to sleep.

Our check-in started well. The staff was friendly and had our room ready to go. But, the problems started before we got into our room. We checked in around 10:00 PM and when we got to our room the cleaning staff was cleaning the rooms on either side of us, and continued to do so until almost 11:00, making it impossible to sleep.

The paint on the outside of our door was peeling and their were large swaths of paint missing.

The room itself was clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the mini fridge was LOUD and competed with the cleaning team to keep us awake.

The bathroom was a disaster. The toilet leaked every time it was flushed and the shower head was only 5 feet high, we both had to do contortions to fully bathe. They also didn't include any shampoo, which at this point I thought was standard across all hotel chains.

I definitely would not recommend staying here if you have any other choice.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Allan L
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Allan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

For $55 I wasn't going to be picky... Except I'm 90 percent sure I witnessed a drug deal in the parking lot involving a hotel employee. I just got an overall feeling of uneasiness there. We slept on top of the blankets because I'm pretty sure our sheets didn't get washed. Our hotel phone randomly rang at about 8:30pm and a male voice rudely said "yeah who is this?!". Just a series of strange things. I was mainly worried about our car getting broken into during the night but luckily both my boyfriend and I and our car left there in one piece. We only stayed one night after seeing Pittsburgh and left first thing in the morning. In my opinion, no amount of money is worth feeling unsafe. Stay somewhere else, even if it's a little extra money.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MC A
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

it is not what is advertised. I have never seen anything so dirty and gross. the sheets were off white, floors filthy, and no one (3 people) could sleep much as the beds were rock hard. it was so dirty, we left first thing in the morning, unshowered as no one would step in them. the morning coffee was lukewarm so even that was unsettling. do not waste your money

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Carrie H
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Carrie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rate policies and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with the experience you describe we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.