“Not As Pleasant As Expected”

Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I was looking for a nice modest motel to stay and when I arrived at the motel and asked a room at the first floor the receptionist told me that the only rooms available at the first floor are the smoking room and I agreed but upon entering the room i was overwhelmed from the terrible stench of smoking definitely unusual even for smoking room and the remote had only one battery which as a result was not working ,the room was not properly cleaned so I requested to change room and the other room was not a smoking room and better but the freezing air came in through the cracks at the bottom and side of doors. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Find A Better Place
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank OZONKZ

Reviewed 26 November 2016

For unknown reasons I failed to make reservations ahead of time for my flight out of Pittsburgh. On short notice I found this motel. Check-in was quick, reservation worker was very pleasant. My room was nice enough, seemed clean. TV and amount of channels was the highlight of this room. Before 10PM there was a bit of noise outside but after that time all was quiet and I slept well. This location is pretty handy for anyone needing to catch a flight out of Pittsburgh. It is about a 10 minute drive to the airport. There is plenty of parking here. I did see washers and dryers. Without hesitation I would stay here again!!! Because the area was booked full this particular weekend my room, with tax, was 83.00.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I didn't mind the shower only bathroom facilities in our small room or even the lack of spaciousness but the extremely thin walls and doors were a bit disturbing. Not only could you hear the television from other rooms conversation etc was quite audible. Bring ear plugs if you were hoping to get a good nights sleep.
Beds were comfortable enough and although towels weren't fluffy and soft they were fine.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stayed here because it was highly touted by other reviewers and close to the ball game at PNC Park (separate review). The room that we got had a smell to it and when hubby took a shower the next morning he stated that the shower door didn't close and that there was no water pressure nor much hot water, in fact, he said "none". I noticed myself that none of the light switches that I touched had been cleaned and the parking lot was badly pitted with pot holes. There are two other hotels right beside this place and I wish I'd picked another one. Since we were only sleeping there, it was good enough for that.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here on a whim last month, didn't expect much, but for a budget hotel the rooms were clean and the staff was more than helpful giving me directions and good suggestions of local food and stuff to do in general since I'm not from around pittsburgh. . The surrounding budget hotels didn't seem safe when I entered their parking lots.. but when I arrived at this location they had bright lights illuminating the entire property and I didn't see anyone hanging around outside like the other places that scared me away. . My room was on the 2nd floor which I don't mind cause I don't like hearing people above me.. my wake up call was made promptly at 5am as requested and they even made coffee for me when I got to the front desk a little early.. helped my drive home sooo much better.. the wifi was free.. and it worked perfect with my chromecast in their new HD tvs.. all around great stay.. can't wait for my next trip out here for once.. at least I now found the diamond in the rough out here.. kudos to motel 6

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Thank J.L. J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#53 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton? Share your experiences!