“Good quality food but over salted”
Review of Ditka's

Reserve with OpenTable
Ditka's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,245 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We had lots of different food since we were a group. Calamari very tasty with hot peppers but too much salt. Chips, salsa and guac were great. Loved the house salad and shrimp cocktail were perfect. The veggies do not need butter or oil and serve sauces on the side. High quality crab in the crab cakes, a little undercooked and too salty. Steak almost perfect- but too much salt. Cole slaw was excellent. Loved the ma. And cheese. Sorbet for dessert was perfect, turtle pie very unique and tasty and big enough for 4!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Had the wedge salad and a 16 ounce prime rib medium well. The salad was as good or better than any other wedge I've ever had.

The prime rib was exactly was I was looking for: fresh out of the broiler, cooked exactly right and simply delicious.

Jackie, my server, must have had ESP because she was one step ahead of me the entire meal. Simply EXCELLENT service, period. It was a perfect meal with perfect service. I'll be back soon.

Well-done, Ditka's, and outstanding work, Jackie. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Paddy Steak Ribeye was great. I would have preferred a smaller steak though. The seasoning and flavor was great! I did ask for medium well though and out wad pretty pink inside. Bisque soup was flavorful as well. Asparagus was good but I didn't care for the sauce on the asparagus.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This was our second time eating at Ditka's Steakhouse. We decided to return after our experience last year was so positive. The steak was very delicious!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We had an early lunch on a Wednesday and unfortunately were treated to some of the worst food and service we have had in a long time.

Our waiter failed to tell us anything about the menu items or even let us know that there were lunch specials. We discovered this omission by listening to the waiter at a neighboring table after we placed our order.

We both had the crab bisque which had good flavor, but was not served as hot as it should have been. When the food runner brought the bisque she forgot the bread and I had to get the waiter's attention to get some as he never checked on us after she brought the bisque.

My wife ordered a Malbec and was told that the wine listed on the menu was no longer available and that there was a substitute available that he had never tasted and we had never heard of. The wine was subpar, but we never had a chance to let the waiter know as again he didn't seem to care if she liked it or not because he never came back to ask.

For entrees we ordered the fish tacos and Neptune's seafood salad. My wife said the salad was okay but the tacos made me physically ill. But yet again, the waiter never checked on us. When the food runner cleared my wife's plate and saw my food not eaten she never asked if there was anything wrong.

Our waiter finally came to the table to bring us our bill and seeing that I hadn't eaten asked if I wanted a box to take the food home I told him that the food made me physically ill. He asked if I wanted something else and I reiterated that the food made me ill and I had no appetite. He finally said "Let me talk to my manager and see if he will take it off the bill".

He brought back the bill with the tacos taken off but no apology and the two managers that he talked to continued their conversation and never came to talk to us. Apparently a customer getting ill from their food doesn't warrant a table visit.

We paid our $50 bill for a horrible experience and left. Obviously we will never return.