Lowest prices for your stay
US$217
Hotels.comUS$217
TravelocityUS$217
Trip.comUS$223
1,153 results
All reviews shuttle driver driver john chef charles front desk hockey game great stay hotel shuttle sitting area market square hotel room arena parking penguins concert downtown housekeeping couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Just visited Pittsburgh this weekend for a wedding and stayed here. Best part about it was the shuttle service. The driver was named John and he was so professional and personable, he was funny and taught us about local places to visit while in Pittsburgh. Would recommend this service and driver if you’re in town.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

Drag racing outside the hotel the entire night front desk said that police couldn’t stop them do not waste your money on this place worst night of sleep ever, useless service wouldve been better just sleeping in a Portland homeless shelter tbh

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2022

John was absolutely amazing! He was our shuttle bus from the hotel to the square! We had two small children with us and he helped us out so much! If we come back we want John as our driver. Very friendly

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Cambria Hotel for a weekend getaway and was blown away by the pictures - it looked so clean (NOT!). Upon arrival, which was 2 hours after check-in, we were told that they didn’t have a room for us and we had to wait over 2 hours to check in, even though we were assured that our booking was guaranteed by Hotels.com. They originally told us it was because of a “major housekeeping issue,” but then this excuse changed several times over the course of the two hours we waited. The only compensation we received was parking fee waived and breakfast the following morning. The supervisor (older man) and manager (Debbie) on duty were rude, disrespectful, dismissive of our concerns, and didn’t take accountability for anything! They actually blamed the issue on us booking it through a third party.

Anyways, after 2 hours we were finally given a room. When we went up, we immediately noticed there were NO towels, NO trash bags, and NO cups. The bed was all wrinkly and looked slept in. The pillows and shower had long, brown hair and makeup stains all over them. The ground had a large pink stain that wasn’t even attempted to be cleaned up. We moved the couch and found a curly fry, crumbs, and a rubber duck with MOLD in it. It only is that DISGUSTING, but a MAJOR HEALTH CONCERN. We then noticed dark gray clumps of dust in the air conditioner and behind the mirror. We were absolutely DISGUSTED by the filth and KNEW this room was not cleaned. We were told the hotel was at capacity and after already waiting 2 hours, we wanted to just stick it out and make it work for the short time were in Pittsburgh. We took pictures with the intentions of submitting them when we left, as our previous concerns were largely dismissed by the supervisor and manager. These two employees treated me and my boyfriend poorly and I truly believe it’s because my boyfriend and I look very young (we’re both 25 but look 16). This felt like we were being treated differently because of how we looked, which is a form of ageism and discrimination. We should be treated the same as any other paying customer, and the customer should ALWAYS be treated with the upmost respect.

Besides the rude customer service, long wait time, and FILTHY room, we also had concerns about the housekeeping. When we walked to our hotel room, we spotted a housekeeper cleaning a room. We walked past this same housekeeper 3+ times from initially going into the room, then past it going to/from the pool. Each of the times we passed, we smelled strong odors of marijuana. As far as I'm aware, marijuana is illegal in Pennsylvania for recreational use. Even if it were legal, there shouldn't be any smoking in the hotel rooms, especially not from hotel staff. As a person that is extremely sensitive to the smells of marijuana and cannabis, this was extremely frustrating and irritating to me and my nose. I absolutely hate the smell and it did not sit well with me that I could smell it outside my hotel room. And to add, this person was “cleaning” the same room for 3+ hours, and I’m wondering if he also “cleaned” my room but left hair in the shower and bed, wrinkled sheets, pink stains on the floor, inch-thick dust, curly fries and other crumbs, and a moldy rubber duck in my room. I’m also wondering if he “forgot” to give us all the BASIC NECESSITIES of a hotel room - bags, cups, and towels. As far as I’m concerned, this hotel room was just as dirty when we arrived as it was when someone was checking out.

Another thing to note is that we were not provided with a "Privacy" or "Do Not Disturb" sign to hang on our door. Because of this, we were forced to tear out a piece of paper from my Sudoku book and write on the back of it. We then hung this on the outside of the door. After leaving for a baseball game on Sunday afternoon, we turned off all the lights and hung this "makeshift note" on our door handle. When we came back after the game, not only was this note taken off of our door and an official "Privacy" sign put on, but our bathroom light was on, which shows that someone was in our room. To our knowledge, none of our items were missing, but someone from the hotel was clearly in our hotel room without our permission, which is a complete invasion of privacy and unacceptable because we specified that we did not want anyone to come inside (including housekeeping). My boyfriend and I left valuables in the hotel room with the hopes that they would be securely locked away from others, but this is a clear indication that the hotel DOES NOT CARE if you hang a "Do Not Disturb" or "Privacy" sign on your door - they will come in anyway (without your permission), probably scope out your belongings, and leave your lights on.

All I want is my money back for this DEPLORABLE experience. I’ve tried to reach out to Hotels.com and Cambria Hotel to put in this request, but the hotel has the AUDACITY to deny the refund request. Obviously, this hotel thinks it’s okay to let guests be treated rudely by managerial staff, make them wait for over 2+ hours to get checked in even when they booked 4+ months in advance and their booking was guaranteed, and reside in a dirty hotel room because if they didn’t, they would’ve processed the refund request. I WILL NEVER BE STAYING AT A CAMBRIA HOTEL EVER AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS TO ANOTHER PERSON. IN FACT, I WILL BE RETELLING THIS STORY MANY TIMES SO THAT PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF HOW HORRIBLE THIS HOTEL CHAIN IS IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CARE, AND COURTESY.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

John the shuttle driver was amazing!! Wonderful customer service. Front desk was also very helpful and informative! Clean rooms and lobby, easy access to parking. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled solo