“Stopped for a Nitecap, stayed and danced till Midnight”
Review of Andys Wine Bar

Andys Wine Bar
Ranked #422 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised to walk into the hotel after searching all over Pittsburgh for a nice place to wine and dance. There, in the lobby bar was a wonderful jazz group with vocalist. The lobby bar was upbeat and welcoming. Seating was comfortable, affording privacy or giving the opportunity to mingle. This will be my go to bar upon my return to Pittsburgh.

FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Andys Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thank you for your review, John. I am delighted to learn you stumbled upon Andys and enjoyed your evening. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We asked around for a place with music where we could dance. Choices are few and far between. We wandered into the Fairmont Hotel and discovered Andys. Cool bar, and they had a jazz band playing with a female vocalist. Even though our seating area was adjacent to the lobby, dance happened as several couples got up to slow dance, as did we! Nice place for a drink and to people watch. Enjoyed it.

Thank you for your review, Deb. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your evening of dancing at Andys. We hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I love Fairmont Hotels and presumed I would love this lobby bar, but was disappointed. What could go wrong? Beautiful lobby, it's a bar, and they had jazz music. Unfortunately the band faces away from the bar, so when sitting at the bar or the tables by the bar you don't hear the music well. There are some very cool chairs down around where the music is which is probably better for listening. I had an amaretto which was a small pour for the price. My husband ordered a Moscow mule and it came in a tall glass. What? Everyone knows it should be served in a copper mug. Expected a Fairmont to know that. Again, pricey.

FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Andys Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback, Beth. I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your recent experience and will share your comments with the Andys team. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Very cool bar, always have an interesting drink menu with a wide variety of options and flavors. Weekends has live jazz!

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We came to town to visit some friends and met here for drinks. Cool place but prices are very high for what you get. We cant comment on food since we didn't get any. Service was slow because they only had one server on which is terrible since there was a home Steelers game..

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and will address the service issues with our staff. If you would like to speak with me directly, please contact me at the number below.

412-773-8902