2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$288
Booking.comUS$288
Hotels.comUS$288
PricelineUS$288
TravelocityUS$288
ZenHotels.comUS$318
2,010 results
All reviews pnc park across the street allegheny river beautiful hotel clemente bridge corner room high ceilings heinz field historic building baseball stadium walking distance pirates game market square parking garage great room warhol museum strip district
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2022

Great location for a Pirates game, a short walk even with the Clemente bridge closed. Check in was fine and the staff was pretty friendly. Room was clean but had an odd configuration. No dresser? We had to put everything in the closet. The closet and bathroom doors opened back to back so you had to close one door before opening the other. We requested housekeeping after 2 days but no one came. Eventually someone dropped off clean towels and toilet paper. There is no in room coffee but there is a coffee stand downstairs, however there is no back up when the one person goes on break. The room was fairly quiet until the bridge construction started up again promptly at 7:00 am on Monday.
The building is beautiful and we enjoyed drinking our coffee in the lobby or enjoying a drink at the bar. The fitness center is above average for a hotel.
Overall the physical features of the building are pretty nice but I expected better service from what is billed as a luxury hotel.

Date of stay: July 2022
Erin Ferry, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback! We will look into the small lapses in service that you mentioned so we can improve for future stays!

Reviewed 26 July 2022 via mobile

We travelled hours for a Pirates game. Ray greeted us with water right away. Rooms were beautiful and clean. Loved the Aveda shampoo and conditioner. We self parked which was a pain because we had to carry a lot kinda far. They had valet but we didn’t use it because there were so many people on the street waiting. Felt safe. Enjoyed the bar and yummy breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Erin Ferry, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2022

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm sorry you were not able to utilize our valet service but am happy to hear the rest of your stay went well. We hope next time you stay with us the Bucs bring home a win for the perfect Pittsburgh experience!

Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

This hotel certainly is not a luxury hotel although the prices are luxury amounts.
I believe you are paying for the location, near both professional sports stadiums. Rooms were ok and
Food was mediocre at the pub and restaurant. We would not stay here again.

Room tip: Do not stay in rooms facing building next door. One such room is room 430.
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Erin Ferry, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. We appreicate you taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to excel and will take your feedback and grow from it.

Reviewed 24 June 2022

The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel is a beautifully renovated historic building just off the rivers edge on 6th street in downtown Pittsburgh. Straight shot across the 6th Street Bridge to PNC Park and a short walk to Heinz Field, this hotel is the goto if available when in town for a game or concert across the river. The hotel lobby is beautifully renovated, with all sorts of texture and detail to the extent I notice something new each time I visit. The bar is lively on game weekends and always meet great people in town from all over the country coming in for the game. Rooms are tastefully done with working area, flat screen and really everything I want in a room for a short stay. My last stay was in 2019 before the world got sideways, and my experience with the staff was positive and candidly, friendly and helpful. I wonder sometimes if we find what we are looking for but thats a different conversation. Walking distance to an abundant amount of attractions and sites, with an easy parking garage across the street. Fitness center is above average and has more than enough equipment and options to get the workouts in. There are all sorts of bar and food options within a couple blocks and really, on game day, the last thing I want to see is the car.

Date of stay: December 2021

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted to hear you not only enjoyed your stay with us but also enjoyed Pittsburgh. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2022

Stay Report - 5/21 to 5/22

Location: The hotel is located on 6th Street just a block south of the Allegheny River.  Right now the 6th Street Bridge is closed for construction and most of 6th Street itself is torn up as well.  You can still park at the garage across from the hotel at least but getting around is trickier than usual.  It's still an amazing location for a Pirates game or for being downtown.

Hotel: The hotel is one of those glorious renovated old buildings turned into a Renaissance.  The building dates to the early 20th century and is beautiful inside and out.  The lobby especially is lovely and it has a restaurant, coffee shop and really good cocktail bar.  There's also a small store.

Check In: I checked in at 12:30 Pm and was able to get right into my room which is always a huge bonus.  I was thanked for being Titanium and given two waters as well.

Room: Very nice and large enough for an older building.  The room itself was lovely with high ceilings, a desk, large TV, outlets near the bed and no issues with soundproofing.  The bathroom was a touch on the small side however.

Dining: The cocktail bar was wonderful, I was glad I went and they stay open until 1 AM.  Breakfast was disappointing though.  A really limited menu and the Titanium benefit was $10 off entrees (which doesn't cover drinks) or a continental breakfast.

I was able to use a 4 PM late checkout.  My rate was a staggering $339 pre tax but I was still really happy with my stay and would come back.

Date of stay: May 2022
Erin Ferry, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.