“Nice find”

Saigon 88 Sushi Bar & Tastes of Asia
Ranked #1,346 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Ended up here when our favorite Indian place across the street was closed on Mondays. Who knew. Great service. Food was fresh, hot and tasty

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I reviewed this restaurant earlier in the year. Unbeknownst to me since my last visit, they went and changed EVERYTHING. I was SO disappointed hoping to eat some Vietnamese pho soup and finding out they no longer serve Vietnamese cuisine like they used to...

Apparently, to satisfy the lunch cravings of the of businesses in the area, they completely switched their ENTIRE menu to feature what one would normally find at your local Chinese takeout/sushi restaurant. (The menu on the Saigon 88 website is OLD... Don't get your hopes up.) A sensible business move, I suppose, but it REALLY put a damper on my plans when I was hoping to eat something besides the same, old, BORING Chinese. Also, they got rid of their sushi deals and their happy hour drink specials which totally blows. I mourn the loss of their delicious, MASSIVE, $7 pitcher-sized glass of sangria...

Don't get me wrong, the staff was pleasant as always and the food was hot and tasty, but I''m really disappointed in this owner's decision to transform Saigon 88 into just another run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant. Though the place is great, I likely won't visit this restaurant again just to eat what I could get everywhere else.

If you're looking to satisfy your hankering for Vietnamese, you'll have to drive down the road to Pho Kim 88.

I'm just... so disappointed. You broke my heart, Saigon 88.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

From the creators of Pho Kim 88 comes... SAIGON 88!

One can find basically the same menu and service here, just a bigger restaurant with a few more food options. I highly recommend their sushi (they offer a variety of unique rolls at reasonable prices - YUM!), and everything else I've had at Pho Kim 88/Saigon 88 has been great, too.

Do yourself a favor: LEAVE the sushi place at South Hills Village mall and go to the less-crowded, equally-tasty Saigon 88.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

our families and friends have been here so many times already. everything is fairly excellent. The food and services are always great. The owner and staffs are very friendly and down to earth especially they are speaking english very well and very professionals of their businesses. The services is very professionals. There is no place in pittsburgh like saigon88/phokim88 restaurants that services most popular tastes of asia under one house. If you an adventurous or looking to try domething different.......then come.....explores this bistro.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

This place is wonderful and the food and service is great. Very please with everything because everything is under one house.