“King Crab Legs”

Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2015

I have never been to a restaurant before that had such an awesome display of food. Everything was fresh and tasty! I loved the way they served their king crab legs which were also the sweetest tasting crab legs I've ever eaten. I also loved that the owner made his presence and even cleared off our table for us. Excellent food and excellent service!

Reviewed 29 March 2015

A Group of us in town, had dinner here recently...
Pro's :
The Ambience is decent, the Hostess was polite, Wait staff were very personable and attentive. We had "Happy Hour" appetizers (1/2 off) , the Catfish bites and the Fried Zucchini.. both were served plentiful to share at our table... I couldn't resist the Appeal of their Bloody Mary Cocktail... which was very tasty. (a bit expensive at 9 bucks, but it had over 30 ingredients in it.. including two Large Baja Shrimp !)
The entrees we ordered were the Shrimp Scampi Pasta and the Alaska King Crab.
Both were very good... (Be advised the Crab was a special... not on regular menu) The Crab was the most expensive thing on the menu... So it was a bit of a splurge
The Beer / Cocktail menu was pretty extensive, as well as the Sushi menu.
The menu itself overall is very appealing.. & I would go back just to explore more of the rest...
On whole this was a great spot to enjoy Fresh Seafood in Da Burgh.
Cons :
There are not many...
It gets crowded quick at Peak dinner time.. so you'd be advised to make reservations.
The Bloody Mary is quite spicy... so be advised.
Oh.. there was a bit of an issue w/the air quality inside the seating area this night, as an exhaust fan in the kitchen was broken.. and the room had a bit of a Smokey smell which stayed with you for a while...But I'm sure that this will be fixed ASAP...
That's about all I can say on the Con Side...
See for yourself on Yelp.. & the Restaurant Website...

So in conclusion... Check out Luke Wholey's Alaskan Grill... for great Seafood !

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Bloody Mary has large crisp stick of celery,slice of dill pickle,two olives and two shrimp in shell on picks in addition to lemon. I got mine spicy and friend ordered hers spiced up after tasting mine. I ordered salmon with soy sesame and double bok choy instead of bok choy and jasmine rice, Friends had their salmon on salads. Cuke cumbers in their salads were slivered to resemble the cabbage of coleslaw. My salmon was thin and boneless but my friend removed quite a few from hers. We were warmly welcomed as we came in and Luke Wholey`s father dropped by our table to check on us.Server Taj was pleasant and professonal. I will try fried fish for sure the next time. Bathroom was out of paper towels. Had to use toilet tissue to dry hands. The location of this place is central to good shopping.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

As the only person in a group of six that doesn't like seafood I was outvoted in a decision to come here. I don't expect seafood restaurants to have too many options for those who don't like it, but I do expect the alternatives to be halfway decent. Unfortunately, the chicken sandwich I received was the opposite of that. It was rubbery and I was only able to finish half of my sandwich before I couldn't stand it any longer. That being said, the other members of my party all loved their dishes, our server was friendly and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere great. Just beware if you or someone in your group doesn't like seafood!

Reviewed 22 March 2015

If you love seafood...and a fun bar experience...make sure you stop here!
We stopped for a couple drinks...but ended up having a selection of raw oysters as well.
The oysters were the best I have ever had! Freshly shucked...and on your plate!
Service was excellent and the bar selection was very good.
We watched all the food that went by our table...and it all looked delicious...and beautifully presented.
The bar has a fun vibe and the décor is perfect for what you would expect.
Do yourself a favor and stop at this place!