“Fresh Authentic Vietnamese Food”
Review of Tan Lac Vien

Tan Lac Vien
Ranked #470 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The food is presented in a very attractive way. I enjoy the bun which is shredded lettuce and vegetables with rice noodles under grilled marinated meat with a spring roll sliced on top. Very tasty and healthy. This is a moderately priced BYOB restaurant.
Entrees are priced from $10-13. There are a number of vegan choices with seitan.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

My husband and I ate dinner here. We ordered the wonton noodle soup. My husband ordered it with pork and book choy. When it came out, the pork and bokchoy were missing. We told our server and a few minutes later a woman approached our table (I think she was the manager) and said she spoke to the cook and the cook said the pork was in there. I can assure you there was no meat in his soup. They proceeded to bring out the book choy but not the pork. We were treated like we were lying and trying to score some free food! It was ridiculous. We will never come here again. It's not the way to treat customers.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Tan Lac Vien is a tiny Vietnamese restaurant with only 9 or 10 tables. But, don't let the size dissuade you. This hole-in-the-wall provided a nice dinner with extremely friendly service and really good food. I started with Goi Chon (Vietnamese summer rolls). These were clear rice wrappers filled with rice noodles, basil, shrimp and pork belly. The flavor was fresh and clean. I followed this with the Bun Dac Biet (house special vermicelli). This bun included grilled, lemongrass pork, shrimp and a Cha Gio (Vietnamese spring roll). I am a fan of Vietnamese bun; and this was a very good version. I would definitely recommend Tan Lac Vien.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Food is good with large portions but the seem to be always short on help. Wait time is long but it's worth the wait. Price wise it is competitive with other place around it, but with many types of Asian eateries nearby, it's got stiff competition.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

We came here for a book discussion and I liked that we were seated in the upstairs area to allow for a quieter atmosphere. Our server was very accommodating and the menu had several pan-Asian options in addition to the Vietnamese choices. Food was good although slightly pricey.

1  Thank Julie H