“Decent”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Bloomfield
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Got my pho fix! Not the best I've had, but it'll do! I was not a fan of the peanut sauce for my fresh spring rolls. It seemed out of the bottle. The meat in the pho was not thin sliced like usual. Like I said, it fulfilled my fix! Street parking only. Place is very small and not the most beautiful to look at, but you get what you get!

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Generally I only write reviews about places I really like. My wife and son were anxious to try Pho Minh and the rating looked great so we stopped here on Sunday for lunch. The Pho broth was very base and lacked enough flavor to eat it without spicing it up. There weren't enough noodles in my dish either. The tea was excellent but the second pot one refilled was strangely not hot. When I put my credit card down the waitress was walking by and she said cash only rather abruptly. It was a disappointing end to a disappointing meal.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

In a wintery day, stopped for lunch, sat by the window, and calmly, the waiter stopped over and handed me a menu, not much conversation. I quickly made my choices, and placed the menu on the table. Soon after, the waiter stopped by again, and I pointed on the menu what I wanted. While reading my book by the window, a teapot appeared, then an appetizer, then the main dish. The wall decor is of southeast asian minimalist, a few strokes and that's it. And that is also how the chopsticks, the soup spoon and the napkin where placed on the table as well. Same style. An economy on words, just design, mental relax, and let the food speak for itself

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

What a hidden gem - fair prices, good food and friendly service. Had the vegetarian pho and two vegetarian starters, which all tasted great. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

If you are willing to settle for a very basic setting - you will truly treasure your visit here.
If you want more upscale and fancier, this is not for you.

It is a family affair run by, I believe, first generation in the US. There is nothing fancy, service is usually prompt and efficient but with none of the refinements that more upscale places have.

However, the food is excellent and highly affordable. My wife and I were there last night and ate what we considered a summer meal. We had 2 orders of Goi Cuon (I think the best in the city), tofu in curry lemon grass salad, papaya salad with dried beef and vegetable salad with cabbage chicken and shrimp. The amount was perfect, the food was so good and the bill (with tax but before the tip) was $20.80.

It is BYOB, after 6:00 there is free street parking - prior to that it is metered - and a pot of tea is free. The neighborhood is changing rapidly and that area of Penn Ave now has numerous art galleries.

We always feel better when we support small family businesses.