“Fantastic! Fresh! Fabulous!”

Ranked #268 of 2,264 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amel's specializes in fresh, delicious dishes from around the Mediterranean. We have kabobs, seafood, pasta, steaks and salads as well as Middle Eastern favorites. We have creative daily specials, and plenty of sandwich, appetizer, soup or salad choices for those eating light or late. There are many healthy choices on the menu, as well as gluten-free and vegetarian options. Our bar has 9 beers on tap and a great selection of imports and seasonal beers. There is a different bar food special each night. From burgers to flatbreads, gyros & wings... we have it all! A casual atmosphere and friendly service accompanies fresh and delicious food. Join us for Saturday and Sunday Brunch, we are open 7 days!
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Visited Amel's with my brother & sister for a late lunch/early dinner.

The service was Pittsburgh friendly.
The pita bread was served warm with fresh, homemade hummus.
The Mediterranean salad was delicious and served on a chilled plate.
I had the zucchini and crab cakes appetizers.
So fresh and hot. Fabulous!
Yummy!
The food was made well along with a pleasing presentation in the casual, clean and comfortable atmosphere of Amel's.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Great grape leaves! I've eaten the leftovers for breakfast. I've tried several items and everything has been wonderful. Make reservations if you're going during peak hours.

1  Thank traceyj50
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We have been going here for years and everything is excellent as always! My favorite is the Mediterranean Flounder - flounder stuffed with spinach, feta and artichokes. The crab cakes are also amazing - best in the Burgh.
My husband's favorite (no longer on the menu) but they will make it for you - Lobster of the Angels (angel hair pasta in a white cream sauce and lobster). Everything we have had on the menu is fabulous - the humus and pita and of course their specialty desserts. Great service and a very quaint, cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Restaurant/bar is small and decor is dated but had a fabulous meal with friends. Mediterranean-centric menu with other offerings to appease other tastes. If you're going to a Mediterranean restaurant that is family owned and operated for decades you really should try their specialties. Good stuffed grape leaves and an enormous hummus sampler platter (4 people ate on it and there was still a lot to take home). My husband had salmon stuffed with spinach and artichokes and mushrooms - he loved it. I had the grilled lamb chops - best I've ever eaten. Served with lovely roasted veggies and jasmine rice. A really exceptional meal and service was good too. The only reason I held back on a five star rating was the decor - carpet badly needs replaced - tables really close together. Also the crowded room is loud - not too much for a group of friends out together but don't count on this place for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank Pamela K
Reviewed 3 May 2017

In the day of the chains this family owned restaurant has passed the test of time.
Great Middle East and overall menu served in an appropriate setting. Reminiscent of Omar Khayyam's or Samreny's for atmosphere and quality. Service was exceptional.

1  Thank Gordon C