“mostly good”

Pasta Too
Ranked #712 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Recently had dinner on a Sunday afternoon. It was very crowded. We stood for 45 minutes. Once seated we waited 15 minutes for a waitress. There were 4 of us and we were very hungry and it then took over a 1/2 hour for dinner to arrive. The dinners were very good and the portions large. Desserts were very good and also large. We all felt the food was good but felt we did not have to hurry back. Its too small for the crowds and a bar would make the wait seem shorter.

1  Thank Joe B

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stumbled on Pasta, Too on a mid-afternoon weekday. We were looking for a place to eat en route home and were stopped at the traffic light in front of it. The exterior was appealing and the number of cars at 2:15 on a Thursday caused us to stop. What a stroke of luck that was. The food is excellent and the service friendly. My husband had the spaghetti and meatballs, as he says that is the tried and true test of a great Italian restaurant. We’ve been back more than 20 times since the first visit and he has not moved beyond the spaghetti and meatballs. As for me, I have worked my way through all of the Pasta section of the menu. My favorites are the Casserole and the Ravioli. I didn’t care for the style of lasagna as it had more cheese than I personally like. My niece had my leftover lasagna and absolutely raved about it. She declared it the best she had ever had. (So who am I to speak badly of it)
Speaking of leftovers, you will have enough left over for at least a full second meal if not a meal and a snack. The only negatives that I can speak of are the wait and the no bar with tv to wait in. If you are going here for dinner, they don’t take reservations and generally you can count on a 45 minute wait. There is really no good place to wait other than standing around the door. With that said, if you get there prior to 5PM there is no wait, so set your schedule accordingly! This is a great, cost effective Italian restaurant. It is not intimate upscale dining but then, it doesn't pretend to be that.

1  Thank MsOrdeal
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have been here several times and everything I have had has been HUGE and delicious, from salads to the fish sandwich.

I usually go early before the lunch rush comes in, but the service is always ready to get started and is attentive.

Get get a lot for you dollar here!

1  Thank djmchoover
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I am Italian and living in the South. While visiting Pittsburgh we had dinner at Pasta Too. It was a treat to go to an Italian restaurant and actually be served the real thing! They have a large seletion/variety of items on the menu.....it was difficult to finally decide....I wanted it all! They did not disappoint! Our dinners were delicious and the real deal! The only drawback was the long line to get in. They do not take reservations and we must have arrived at the tradtional dinner time....but the line moved fast and we were seated after about a 45 min. wait. The food was worth the wait! Don't miss this one if you are in the Pittsburgh area.

1  Thank joeygirl911
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My wife and I got a chance to eat here and had a fantastic lunch. I had lobster linguine and my wife had baked ziti. We both had plenty to eat and it was delicious.