“Great Food with Authentic Flair”
Review of Angkor Restaurant

Angkor Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We actually live close to Angkor and were pleasantly surprised with the quality and flavor of the food we ordered from there. We have ordered take out multiple times and have never been disappointed. The only thing keeping me from rating it at 5 stars is that it seems service is slow there. I called in our pickup order on a Friday night. I found out that the same person who picked up the phone and took the order also waits on tables, cashes them out, cleans the table and seats new customers (hostess). There was no one else there. She also had to go get our food from the kitchen. I would highly recommend ordering food and picking it up but I have my doubts about how fast and efficient the service will be on a busy night.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We get to Pittsburgh once or twice a year and always try to have dinner at Angkor. It's close to the Hampton Inn Greentree where we usually stay. You don't go there for the protein which is fairly minimal but for the sauces, marinades and dips which are all distinct in taste and delicious. This week 3 of us had 4 appetizers and two entrees which fed us well and left some to take home for $52 + tip. Absolutely love the Penang Curry and Drunkin Noodle. The summer rolls are excellent and the grilled short ribs while mostly bone are finger licking good. Very clean, well prepared food. A large, nicely furnished room. Pleasant, efficient service. We have never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I used to be a regular at Angkor, always experienced great service (Jo) and food. But there are new servers and it's really gone downhill in the past year. This particular visit we ordered take out and were missing items. The portions were also smaller than usual for the same items we always order. We didn't realize it until we got home. When we contacted the restaurant, they didn't seem to care. This has happened at least 4 times in the past few months. Mistakes can happen, but it has become pretty regular and the restaurant does not seem to care to fix the issues. I won't be going out of my way to come back to this restaurant anytime soon. It's a shame too as this place was a hidden gem in the past several years.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The food was excellent...we had lemon grass & wonton soup; seafood combo & Thai curry scallops; pleasant atmosphere for a small restaurant in a small strip mall; lots of options for Thai and Asian dishes

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. The food is always fresh and flavorful- not like those awful China buffet type places. Their fresh spring rolls are simply the best I have ever had. My husband always gets the green curry (N3). Last night I got their beef specialty- The beef was tender and the sauce was amazing. At the table next to us, I hear them figuring out dishes for a patron who was vegan- no problems.