“Great!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Have been going to 17th for a number of Years and have never been disappointed. Always can count on their consistency. The change in menu structure was a great idea-reducing meal prices not to include salad and my favorite- fried zucchini is a smaller dish less expensive.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Although our burgers were very good, I was very disappointed the BBQ was no longer offered. Apparently this is now offered via their "mobile truck". We only went back for the BBQ (it was delicious last time), but would return again for lunch.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

After all the reviews and hype from friends we felt we had to experience this "gem" as it has been called by others. The atmosphere is quaint (tables basically on top of each other). That being said when we dine out we are not ones who like to pay for atmosphere; the quality of the food is much more important. The crab in my husbands veal was flavorless tasting like it had been taken directly from a can and rolled in the veal. I suspect the raviolis had been frozen at some point by the texture and they had very little flavor. Swordfish was over cooked and dry. The red sauce on the side of pasta tasted like tomato paste and had no flavor. I agree with other reviewers who have mentioned food tasting like it came from "a jar and box". Sometimes we will give a restaurant a second try; not this one. All in our party walked away feeling like we had had just wasted a large amount of money for sub-par food. Read all reviews carefully before deciding to eat here.

1  Thank HWatson295
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The 17th Street Cafe is the kind of small local restaurant my husband and I prefer. The menu was smaller than most but our meals were excellent. I had the Sicilian pillows and my husband had the breaded veal with stuffing( the leftovers made a great meal for the next night). The food was fresh and the service was very good!!
Parking is always a problem on the Southside but if unable to find street parking there is a lot down the block. Our preference is to not go to the Southside on weekends.
Will certainly return with our new membership card which provides special deals.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great burgers, wonderful salads, soups. Sit in the front area near the bar versus the room in the back which is dark and a bit depressing. Lunch is less expensive than dinner, so go for lunch.