“Good Vegan Asian food!”
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #526 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We just stumbled on this place and we were really hungry. We tried multiple appetizers and shared a main dish - all where really good.

They had something that was like a drumstick made of mushrooms, onions and a bunch of other things. The taste was really good, the breading was a little heavy but an interesting flavor. The main dish was tried was a barbecue rice vermicelli bowl - they don't call it that specifically, but it was really good.

When we are in the area again, we will be back to this place.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

My husband and I have been wanting to try this, since our daughter who is vegan, has been raving about it. We were in pittsburgh for some shopping, This was a little out of our way- but definitely worth it!! The atmosphere is a bit different, very "white" and the staff is not very interactive. The food was delicious and we definitely will be back! We went when there was a buffet, which was a great time to sample a variety of different foods. Not one thing disappointed us on the buffet (well, with the exception of a lack of salad bar items). Recommend for vegans, vegetarians, or anyone who just wants to dine cruelty free!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

After picking up my sister at the Pgh. airport, we did a search for vegan food in the area. Easy drive to the Loving Hut on Campbell's Run Road. Not really visible from the highway, and did not appear to be open from the parking lot. Decided to go inside and we were pleasantly surprised! Clean, large dining room with comfy booths or tables to accommodate any number of diners. Four of us shared one spring roll appetizer, which was great! Each had a
different dinner from the extensive meatless menu and we were all completely satisfied. We shared three different desserts, I preferred the carrot cake. Definitely tasty, we were surprised that there were not more people in the dining room since it was a Friday evening at 6pm. If this restaurant were closer to the city of Pittsburgh, I'm sure there would have been a line out the door considering the great food, selection, pleasant atmosphere and reasonable prices. They have a Saturday buffet from 12-8p and I'm sure we will come back to try it. We learned that Loving Hut has lots of locations, worldwide. Will be sure to keep them on our radar!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

My family and I were in Pittsburgh last weekend. I searched ahead of our trip to find vegan offerings for my husband. I was happy to locate a Loving Hut in that city. We've tried branches of The Loving Hut franchise in two other cities with great success.
The restaurant was a bit hard to find as the sign was partially obscured by a bush. Also, the building is located in one of two strip malls which are accessed by the same driveway. We eventually found the restaurant and were pleased with the atmosphere, the service and the food. My husband had the Coco Tofu. My daughter ordered the Au Lac Sweet/Sour Soup. I ate the Lucky Lemon Grass (it does taste a bit like real chicken). All were good. The prices were reasonable. The menu, like the menus at the other Loving Huts we've visited was varied and fairly extensive. We recommend it to all diners, not just vegans and vegetarians.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

This is my first time here and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. The food is AMAZING! It proves you don't need meat to have a delicious meal. Yum!!! My new favorite lunch spot.