“Closed”

Add it.
Courthouse Tavern
Ranked #1,486 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The food was pretty good at this place, sometimes the service was not as great...but it was very close to my office, and I did get fish sandwiches, salads, etc. that were not bad. Unfortunately there was a fire, and so far it does not look like they are gonna re-open.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Had a coupon from the Enjoy book so we decided to try this place before a Penguins game. I checked out their menu online and thought it looked good. I'll give anything a try, but after walking in, was regretting that decision. It's obviously a local hangout and everyone seemed to know everyone else. The music was very loud and not a genre that I like.
We were treated very nicely by everyone who waited on us. Their menu indicates that have a wood-fired grill, but based on the food, I don't think that's true. I ordered the open-faced steak sandwich, which was to come with grilled mushrooms and onions. I only got the steak...nothing else. They had to take it back and the cook (whom I think was very new) had to look at the menu to see what was missing. It was an actually piece of steak and not "steak-ums". My boyfriend got their homemade chili, which he really liked. He also got a hamburger, which he said was good, but nothing special.
We did save a few bucks thanks to the bogo coupon, but I have a feeling we are not going back. This may be a better place for lunch.

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Stopped on for a quiick beer during the week. Nothing fancy here...just the way I like it. The crazy thing was the trip to the restrooms.

They are down a set of stairs that is straight from an OSHA training video on how NOT to do stairs.

Go. Have fun. But be careful with the bathrooms.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

We were one of the only ones in here on a Saturday night. Drinks were good and service was ok. They had a music box there so that was neat. Served food but a smaller menu.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I didn't try the food here, but we did have lots of drinks. We stayed in a hotel a few blocks over and this was the only bar we could find that was open late at night on the weekends. The beers are cheap and the drinks are strong. It was never very busy, but always a good mix of people. And I heard from a couple people that the food is great.