“Nice little Dive Bar”

Ugly Dog Saloon
Ranked #1,499 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 9 November 2015

There are 2 types of hot in regards to hot wings, hot-delicious, and hot-to-be-a-dick about it. These were the first kind.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We were looking for a place to watch baseball and have dinner while we were staying nearby and got the name of this place from our hotel desk clerk. When we walked in we were surprised to see a dark, dingy place with a few old tvs mounted around the bar. The few regulars who were there looked up and stared as we approached the bar area (check out the strangers in town, pardner). We were surprised at the smokiness of the place and learned that Pittsburgh still allows smoking at some establishments. We decided the smoke and dinginess was too much for us and left before ordering food. We found another sportsbar "saloon" nearby that was just what we wanted and were so relieved that many Pittsburgh pubs do not allow smoking! Definitely not recommended for families or non-smokers!

Reviewed 20 March 2015 via mobile

I have always been a fan of Ugly Dogs wings. Especially on wing nights (.30) we decided to try something new tonight Lemon Pepper (horrible) A pile of lemony salt is the most non obscene words I can give to them. Our waitress Samantha was great but her manager Stephanie was not. After tasting 1wing between the 2 of us we asked to go back to our regular order (teriyaki) she told us she would not replace them but we could BUY others. NEVER AGAIN. They've lost twice weekly customers with their horrible customer service!!!

1  Thank mzwilliams312
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Stopped for a drink. The weather was warm and this place had outdoor seating. Enjoyed our visit there. Good specialties.

2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have never been treated so terrible. I was with three friends, who received their food an hour before I did. I couldn't find the waitress the entire time. She finally came with my wings. I told her I thought it was ridiculous to bring them am hour after my friends finished eating! She said if I didn't want to pay, she had to take the wings (I wasn't allowed to eat them) I had to leave and never come back. I asked to speak with a manager who essentially told me that it was busy so too bad! After speaking with the manager the waitress returned to inform me that I didn't have to pay but I have to leave immediately an never return. To add insult to injury my paying friends received an apology from the waitress!

1  Thank Abrooks66