“Awesome Irish Pub”

Monterey Pub
Ranked #211 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My buddies and I got dinner here a few weeks ago. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. It's in a cute neighborhood on the North Side. Small booths and tables, so make sure to call ahead with a large party. I ordered a crab cake burger. The burger was huge. I ordered it cooked medium, and it was slightly undercooked. Would have liked to taste the crab cake a bit more, but it complimented the burger really nicely, and overall was really good. Great atmosphere, good food, and a pretty good beer selection. Would definitely be a regular if I lived closer. Highly recommend for a laid back meal.

1  Thank Tim H

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This pub is THE PLACE TO GO TO, GREAT FOOD, the waitress remembered our names, food was HOT DELIVERED PROMPTLY AND DELICIOUS WITH EXCELENT PORTIONS! The beers selections are vast and tasty! A MUST GO TO, I wish I could give more than five stars cause I would!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

The Monterey Pub was recommended by our B&B so we decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is vibrant, the noise level is moderate to high and the place feels like genuine Irish pub. We were seated quickly by a friendly server who gave us recommendations for both food and drink. We ordered the Guinness Beef Wrap and I ordered the blackened chicken. Both were excellent. We also ordered two different ciders. The food was great, the service excellent and the prices were amazingly low. We loved the place so much that we returned second night. The server not only recognized us but remembered our cider orders! And the place was packed. We were really impressed by the food, the service and the prices. Cannot sy enough good things about this pub.

1  Thank Irish_Harry
Reviewed 16 June 2017

The pub is quite quaint as you enter, with a large bar on the left and booth seating to the right. We were seated in the back half of the pub since we had a group of 5, and the ceiling is low there, so that may have added to the noise that made it difficult to hear conversation. The service was good, if not a bit slow. We ordered a variety of things, and most were pleased with their meals. The ruben was the most enjoyed, along with the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection. The steak and Guiness pork were just okay. Parking is an issue, but if you live in Mexican War Streets neighborhood, it's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Visited Monterey Pub several times over the past 4 years and always had a great meal and atmosphere with my friends. It's a cozy pub restaurant right in the heart of the Mexican War Streets, with great service and an excellent array of menu options and classic beer options.

Their burgers and Irish boxties are delicious, they also have a great bunch of appetizers if you're just looking to catch the game with a few cold ones. Be sure to try their pickle chips and fried cheese curds!