“Gem of a Pub”

Monterey Pub
Ranked #163 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Nestled in the Mexican War Streets, this Pub is a hidden gem. Authentic pub, warm, cozy, loud with great beer and drinks. The menu is outstanding. The food is delicious, you must return over and over to taste the many great offerings. The pub staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The only down side is that they don't serve lunch, but perhaps the limited kitchen time adds to the quality of the food. We stopped by on a Friday before a Pirates game and had great drinks, the Guinness was perfect, and dinner.
The vegetables of the day were yummy, the burger very flavorful and juicy and the fish n chips moist and not greasy.
I don't get here often, but I have never been disappointed. I already know what I'll have on my next visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic little pub that is absolutely worth checking out. It's small, cozy, and a really comfortable place to hang out and have a few drinks.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My buddies and I got dinner here a few weeks ago. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. It's in a cute neighborhood on the North Side. Small booths and tables, so make sure to call ahead with a large party. I ordered a crab cake burger. The burger was huge. I ordered it cooked medium, and it was slightly undercooked. Would have liked to taste the crab cake a bit more, but it complimented the burger really nicely, and overall was really good. Great atmosphere, good food, and a pretty good beer selection. Would definitely be a regular if I lived closer. Highly recommend for a laid back meal.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This pub is THE PLACE TO GO TO, GREAT FOOD, the waitress remembered our names, food was HOT DELIVERED PROMPTLY AND DELICIOUS WITH EXCELENT PORTIONS! The beers selections are vast and tasty! A MUST GO TO, I wish I could give more than five stars cause I would!