1,323 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar bird cage living room restaurant downstairs mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel hotel experience upon check valet parking heart of downtown bed was very comfortable love this hotel market square convention center
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

It was our first time visiting Pittsburgh! We booked kimpton hotel for one night. The room was so clean and has a unique vibe. Hand sanitizers everywhere! The front desk people were so professional and nice. The valet parking guys went above and beyond when our car didn’t start! Thank you all for your hard work and definitely me and my husband will be back soon!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohammadbawab
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2020

Thank you for staying with us, mohammadbawab! I am so glad you enjoyed the eclectic vibe of our hotel as we do our best to stand out from the crowd, all while keeping our guests safe and healthy. Our team always aims to deliver exceptional service while making our guests feel welcome, and I am glad to hear we hit the mark during your stay!

Aasim, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2020

This is a stylish upscale hotel in a good location in downtown Pittsburgh. Staff was friendly. Unfortunately, our one bedroom suite had no doors -- only sliding dividers. This includes the bathroom, which not only had no locking mechanism, but did not even close all the way. The upshot is there's zero privacy, and you can almost see the living room while sitting on the toilet. Same goes for the shower. Room also had no fridge and no mini bar. Cost more than a thousand dollars for two nights.

This would be fine for a solo traveler, or couples who don't mind listening to each other go to the bathroom. Families should stay away.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank ZorroNYC
Alexandra Salerno, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

ZorroNYC, Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback. Although I'm happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, I'm very disheartened to read that we did not meet your expectations in your guest room during your recent stay.

I hope that you'll reach out to me directly so that I can look into your reservation, particularly what room you stayed in, to learn more about what we could have done to make your stay better. All of our rooms have an empty fridge for guest usage.

I’m also sorry that you were disappointed that there was a suspension of our in room honor bar. This was a brand-wide decision to keep our guests and employees safe. We still offer all of these items for sale behind the safety of the front desk.

We hope we'll get the chance to host you again with your family during your next visit to the City of Bridges. We host families quite frequently here at The Monaco, and I'd love to the chance to show you that your experience was the exception.

Alexandra, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2020

We checked in for the night early evening. All of the staff were super helpful and friendly. The rooms were decorated smartly and felt very cosmopolitan. There was plenty of channels, the shower was hot and pristine. The robes were comfortable. The The downtown neighborhood is clean and filled with beautiful gothic architecture. They are pet friendly, and brought up dog bowls and a luxurious bed - she dug it too.

Room tip: If you splurge for the deluxe room its an extra $25 but you actually have a view otherwise you're just staring at an office building
Date of stay: October 2020

Thanks so much for such a wonderful review, B6365TNanthonyg! We are so delighted you enjoyed your hotel and our boutique, eclectic vibe in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh. We also love your pets as much as you do so we can't wait to host you and the pup again soon!

Alexandra, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2020

I’m so impressed with this hotel! My husband, my dog, and I are on our first trip since the pandemic visited to see family in the midwest, and we stayed at the Kimpton Pittsburgh both to and from our destination. The hotel is clearly taking covid-19 precautions seriously, requiring masks in public areas, offering free masks to guests, restricting elevators to 1 guest/family at a time, and so on. I feel safe staying here, and the extremely professional, welcoming staff put me at ease. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean, and there are hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere.
Covid aside, the hotel is so comfortable. The beds and bathrooms are luxurious, and the rooms are quiet. The room service is delicious, my dog is super happy here, the amenities (free wine, coffee, no pet fee, etc.) are amazing, and I can’t say enough about the quality of the staff. This is a truly great hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

AsiaJetsetter, Thank you so much for your lovely review! You have done a wonderful job outlining the measures our hotel has put in place to remain compliant with State and County orders and to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees.

Your safety is our top priority, so we're delighted that you felt comfortable during your stay!

In addition, it sounds like you were able to make the most of our amenities including hosting your four legged family members for free and providing a complimentary glass of wine between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM at the front desk! We cannot wait to host you again in the future!

Alexandra Salerno, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

Thrilled that we chose the Kimpton Monaco for our 5-night stay in Pitt. Loved the location, walkable or easy to grab an Uber. Front desk staff was great, the birthday snacks and card were so thoughtful - Go Bills! We went with the King Spa room to get the fabulous soaking tub in the shower, along with a bit more space in the room.

As far as COVID restrictions, the hotel was very clean, we appreciated hand sanitizer placed throughout the property, as well as daily texts for housekeeping needs. We actually preferred that method to someone coming into the room each day while we were possibly there.

Also appreciated complimentary coffee in the morning. However, we would not recommend the grab and go breakfast, we were not happy with our choices of an açaí bowl and breakfast sandwich. Lastly, check out the great Biergarten rooftop bar/restaurant. We enjoyed some cocktails before we headed out for the night.

You won’t be disappointed with your stay at Kimpton Monaco!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandra Salerno, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Thanks for such a thoughtful review, colleena927! We absolutely love to celebrate at the Monaco, and we're delighted that we were able to make your stay extra special for your birthday.

Thanks for also highlighting our current COVID restriction procedures including our contactless housekeeping service. We're working hard to keep our employees and guests safe during this challenging time and our texting service is a way to stay connected from a distance!

We hope that you'll join us again soon for a soak in one of our spa bathrooms, a rooftop cocktail and a walk around the City of Bridges. We'll even forgive you for being a Bills fan! :)

- Alexandra, Front Office Manager