“Long Wait, Poor service, Small portions, Over priced, and ... Trust issue ?”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Ranked #41 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about. Located in Station Square, we are just across the river from downtown Pittsburgh and easily accessible from anywhere in the Pittsburgh area. With our proximity to other nightlife and attractions, we are a great place dine while in the city.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We recently had a dinner for 3 in The Melting Pot at the Station square. Today, I happened to look up for Pittsburgh best restaurants and was very curious to read what other people thought about The Melting Pot while we experienced extremely slow service, ridiculously small portions, low quality of food and very expensive bill for what we got. Overall we felt cheated and disappointed. I was quite in shock to read the reviews because most of the 5 star rev. seem "interesting". Many of them made by 1st time reviewers, praising a specific server and most of their report was about themselves, not the overall experience which is what typically people write about.

Have a glance at these Titles: "Jason was awesome", "Jack is great" , "Julie was excellent", "Marlowe is the best", "Hasan is incredible" , "Hasan=BOMB dot com" ... what ??
Or read this one ... "Gentry our server was knowledgeable, timely, pleasant and courteous and offered great recommendations for us. .."

A server named Jason even presented his last name (Burns) or Jason B. in some of his notes. Have you ever had one that introduced his first AND last name to customers? There are just too many First time reporters that gave 5 stars accompanied with servers' names and their extra ordinary service. I am skeptical.

As you are probably familiar with the rules, reviewers certify that they are not affiliated or have any personal or business relationship/ employment, with the establishment they write about.

I tend to read other people's impressions and learn from their experience, but something is wrong here. I do not think this place deserve the high rating the restaurant shows. Use your own judgment. I learned mine.

6  Thank TALI M
Melting Pot P, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Tali - I would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. We take all feedback seriously and I have shared with the management and service teams. We strive for everyone to leave happy and it sounds like we failed you. I would like to discuss this in more detail, please email me at pittsburghmeltingpot@yahoo.com if you see this.

Best Regards
Chris Millsap
412-261-3477

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We have heard wonderful reviews from friends about The Melting Pot and decided to take our daughter there for her 16th birthday. Simone made sure we had a special night to remember! The experience was unique and we had a blast. The food was excellent and there was so much we couldn't eat it all. Thank you Simone for such an unforgettable night!

Melting Pot P, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your daughter's birthday celebration with us. Thank you for the high praises on the food and service. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is a great place for a special occasion with another person, mostly because of the cost. It should be understood, they serve the food to you and you cook it in either 3 kinds of broth or in hot oil fondue pots. The two hours it pretty much takes flies as you try to time each meat or veggie you cook and food overall is pretty good with lots of dipping sauces, (maybe too many)!. I think it would be hard with more than a couple people at a table to visit and or burn your food while talking.
It is mostly a dark atmosphere inside and the service is the best I have had. We had Jason, and he was there at ever question and explained how the whole process worked with ease. We did the 4 course meal and costs with tip is around $125 a couple.

Thank you for your recent visit to our establishment and review. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the Fondue experience. The Melting Pot is certainly a special occasion style restaurant and we always try to go over and beyond our guest's expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped at The Melting Pot tonight before attending a concert. Nate was our server. He was very attentive and made amazing Fiesta cheese & bananas foster chocolate. My mojitos were on point too! I have never had a bad experience at this establishment. Highly recommend

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We went to the melting pot to celebrate my birthday dinner. It was all of our first time there and Symone couldn't of been more helpful! She explained everything so well and made my birthday dinner a great experience! Will definitely be back!

Melting Pot P, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Happy Birthday, and welcome to the Melting Pot. Thank you for giving us a chance and we are pleased to hear you had a great experience. We hope to see you again soon.