4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Omni HotelsUS$263
Expedia.comUS$263
Hotels.comUS$263
PricelineUS$263
TravelocityUS$263
Lol.travelUS$385
5,270 results
All reviews beautiful hotel classic hotel across the street downtown pittsburgh valet parking corner room market square tap speakeasy starbucks lobby chandeliers conference bellman garage closet game
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2022 via mobile

When checked in, I found used towel, soap, shampoo & conditioner of the previous guest, along with a dirty bathtub. Informed the front but there was no apology. The toilet kept making noise, which interrupted my sleep. Had other issues too.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Cameron Westover, Owner at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not something that is typical of our guests when they stay with us. Please reach out to via my direct line 412-553-5115 or email me at cameron.westover@omnihotels.com if that is easier.

Reviewed 25 July 2022

Large, comfortable, clean rooms. Great water pressure in shower. Hotel is located a short walk from Market Square. Friendly staff. No room service. Gym has plenty of cardio options. Air conditioning did not work in my room.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Matthew Heymann, Other at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2022

Thanks for your nice feedback! We are working on getting room service back in the very near future!

Reviewed 24 July 2022

This is a shockingly poorly maintained facility for the Omni brand. While the lobby is pretty and the hotel was clearly once top of the line, it's now suffering from severe underinvestment. Paint is chipping in most public spaces, carpets are filthy, cobwebs everywhere, many light fixtures aren't working. The rooms are nicely sized and the beds are comfortable, but again, things are just poorly maintained. Chipped furniture, dirty drapes, and really terrible bathrooms. Our toilet barely flushed, and the shower didn't drain at all.

To top it all off, I was sitting at the bar in the lobby around 10pm and saw a mouse run through the space. Pretty wild.

Honestly, at these prices you would be much better off staying at the Westin. Or really anywhere that had been renovated in the last 10 years.

1  Thank Tony H

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not something that is typical of our guests when they stay with us. Please reach out to via my direct line 412-553-5247 or email me at Matthew.Heymann@omnihotels.com if that is easier.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

We recently visited the city to celebrate the 4th, and we stayed here simply because everything was fully booked for the weekend. Simply because of the pricing, I thought this would be a luxury hotel, but it's not. The building itself is historic, and the lobby is beautiful, and I imagine that a long time ago, this place was probably stunning, but it's really just ok now. It was the little things that make this place not luxury in my opinion, like: the toilet is crooked, the shower is old looking, the outlet plugs seem kinda questionable, things like that. Their pictures are really great, but they must've been taken years ago to make them appear more high-end. It's ok, but for what they're charging they need to step it up.

Date of stay: July 2022
Matthew Heymann, Other at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2022

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had just an "OK" experience. We want all our guests to enjoy everything that the hotel has to offer. I hope this stay will not deter from saying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2022

Another amazing stay at the Omni William Penn. We stayed June 2 through June 4th and it met all of our expectations. We were impressed by the friendliness of everyone working there from the valets to front desk to housekeeping and everyone else we interacted with. We utilized the Valet parking for the trip and it was very convenient. There is a garage across the street under the park, but for us it wasn't worth dragging everything through the garage and across the street.

The room itself was ready and they had be checked in as part of the hotel loyalty program. I had a corner room with a view of the park across the street and the skyline. Furniture was a bit dated but well kept. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the TV had a good selection of channels to watch. The room we were in had a massive walk in closet, which we really didn't utilize. Bathroom was very small, but we expected that given the historical nature of the property. Water pressure was amazing and was one of the biggest surprises of the room. There was a coffee machine and fridge in the TV stand. The plugs on the night stand right next to the bed were a bit awkward, but were usable.

Over the weekend there was a lot of weddings, which was to be expected given how beautiful the property was. It was a little inconvenient given we kept trying to move out of the pictures being taken. In addition, one reception took over the restaurant next to the lobby, but was extremely loud and pretty explicit music. I don't mind the cursing personally, but it did distract from the ambiance of the lobby and some folks could be offended.

All in all, the next time I am in Pittsburgh I will be staying here again if it is an option.

Date of stay: June 2022
Cameron Westover, Owner at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2022

Thank you for the review! We look forward to having you back in the future!