“Excellent anniversary meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd and Washington st
Description: Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Excellent anniversary celebration meal. We celebrated six decades of marriage at PANEVINO. Always a pleasure to have free covered parking a half block from the restaurant. We were seated in the well lit, quiet bar dining area and on request were seared at a more spacious table. Or server was prompt and readily to our request for a slow paced meal. She remained attentive but not intrusive. My appetizer of corn/crab soup had a most intense rich flavor of fresh corn. My wife's tomato salad drew admiring questions from a neighboring table. The saltimbocca and lobster ravioli entrées were excellent. The Amarone wine was a perfect celebration wine. We decided to split a berry cobbler that had the piquancy of the fruit and was not overly sweet. Overstuffed and feeling well celebrated we returned home. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Very good service despite restaurant being busy before last Miller Center Concert of Berks Jazz Fest. Great location, being next to parking garage and across street from I-Max and Miller Center for the Arts. The food was excellent and a very good wine choice . Would recommended this Restaurant if you are dining in Reading, especially if your are using the I-Max or Miller center.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We had an early dinner prior to a show. I had the three-course meal. The salad and entree (eggplant parmesean) were good; the dessert (chocolate torte) was excellent. My boyfriend had the seafood risotto. He liked it but it seemed fishy to me.

Overall, I thought it was good and would be willing to give it another try.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Directly across the street from the IMAX (that shows periodic Metropolitan Opera live telecasts) sits "Pan e Vino" (bread and wine) waiting to top off an opera afternoon with a fine dinner. I'm not a big fan of pasta, and this restaurant offers a lot of northern Italian dishes, all perfectly made and presented. Décor is modern and white tablecloths add elegance that is becoming all too rare. It's pricey for Reading, but they offer a choice of very fine three course meals for $20 (plus your vino and espresso).

Situated below a three story garage that serves the IMAX and the Goggleworks, the restaurant makes the garage smell better than any I've ever parked in!

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

My family and I had a nice time at the Reading Museum when my kids were learning about Ancient Egypt. It's not enough for a full day but fun and educational none the less.

Been to Panevino - Reading? Share your experiences!