“I'm getting to like this place”
Review of Brick House Pub

Brick House Pub
Ranked #47 of 335 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: Small Pub Eatery, with a great atmosphere. House crafted specials served Thursday - Sunday (Spring, Fall and Winter) Thursday - Saturday during the Summer. Experience unique recipes always from scratch. Our Regular menu is available all year long with Special Wing Nights on Monday's. A Build Your Own Night on Tuesdays, Seafood Night on Wednesdays! There are beer specials daily and we have a nice selection of Craft Brews. Don't miss out on our Sangria or any of our Custom Martini's or Mojito's... We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I can't help but give this place a good review, for the food and menu. Atmosphere very informal, decor normal, and I have other favorite places for the drinks, actually, but the food here is wonderful with two visits so far. If you read my reviews you know I like squeaky clean but I'm willing to bump up a rating for great tasting quality food.

Usually I wouldn't choose a neighborhood bar that's tucked away in the heart of a neighborhood unless I was familiar with it. But my friend recently introduced me to this neighborhood icon, an ordinary corner home converted into a first floor restaurant/sports bar and the owners live on the same street.

I've had an over the top freshness gourmet salad and a Tuesday night burger special. I must say the burgers are seasoned with a secret recipe and the outcome is juicy, tender and delectable. I custom ordered my usual burger with grilled onions and mushrooms and melted Swiss (or provolone) cheese. "How would you like it cooked?" I always say "pink" so it's neither bloody nor overdone. It arrived perfectly cooked, "medium" and just the right size to fill up but not feel overstuffed. And it was not as sloppy as other restaurants - I could pick it up without losing the toppings.

I probably should take back my other best burger review because this one puts it to shame. Everyone in our party was satisfied with their selections ( I was eyeing up the fried goat cheese salad at my table and the personal cheese pizza.)

A great choice to celebrate my 21-year-old's first legal drink(s) which were personally recommended by the bartender, and to share a meal with family and friends. You don't have to live in the neighborhood to become part of the neighborhood.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We've lived in Berks County all of our lives and never knew this place existed! It's literally a brick house in a neighborhood block....small place, with good food and friendly service. We went for dinner on a Saturday night.

The place features a bar...maybe seats about 15..surrounded by a few high-top tables, with several other dining tables in adjoining room. Because of it's size, the noise level does escalate. I'd like to return on a week night, rather than a weekend and see if it's a bit quieter.

Good bar menu....lots of wings, burgers/sandwiches, etc. A few entrees as well. Their cream of crab soup was excellent! Crab cake was good...no filler here...could've used a bit more flavor. Good fries and burgers.

We'll return soon.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

At first glance, you'd never guess how awesome this place is. Lots of drinks, beers, and the wings menu is extensive. Our bartender cheerfully offered to make us pineapple mojitos and they were terrific. While we were there it was obvious that this bar gives personal attention to their customers and is a relaxed place to enjoy a drink, conversation, & eats. So glad checked Tripadvisor to see what was close by & we decided to venture in while in Reading.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

nice little hide away spot to stop in for a good drinks and reasonably priced food in reading penna.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Great little neighborhood bar and amazing bar food. Fried goat cheese salad is awesome. great variety of wing flavors and very good burgers. Nice variety of beerd!!!

Date of visit: June 2015