“Awesome tuna wasabi salad”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bistro On The Green Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #159 of 333 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We decided to check out the Bistro for lunch one day since it had been years since our last visit. I'll say the food is much better and service was quick and friendly, but it's the same old decor. And while I appreciate great food over the ambience, it was very outdated and the carpets must be the origin since the were stained and very wore down. But the tuna wasabi salad and blue cheese burger were worth the visit. I will return but would be nice to see some updates.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The shrimp and scallop risotto is delicious! The service is always friendly and comfortable. Bathroom is downstairs, and atmosphere could use some updating.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Haven't been to this place in a long time....but after a friend said the food has been really good, I agreed to try it again. First, the lobster/shrimp bisque was not very good, I didn't like it, but the waitress promptly removed it from my bill. I was very impressed that they make all their own salad dressings. I chose the honey mustard and it was excellent. I went there for a filet but decided on flounder stuffed with crab imperial. The flounder tasted fresh and the imperial, even though it did have fillers in it, the flavor was good. The starch that came with the dish was unusual, kind of like a scalloped potato. The veggies were delicious, cooked perfectly. The rolls that came with the meal were great. Nice sized portions of food. Prices were reasonable. My stuffed flounder was $16.95. And my drink was about $2 cheaper than the same drink at other places. Waitress was prompt and friendly, courteous. I just don't understand why this place is never real busy. Maybe it is because the decor really needs a modern update. It really needs a facelift and some sparkle. But if you only go for the food and not the atmosphere, you should have a good dinner.

Date of visit: February 2013