“Fun & Festive!”

Jimmie Kramer's Peanut Bar Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 318 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel, this classic Reading landmark has been serving up plenty of fun and peanuts since 1924. Great American cuisine ranging from casual to gourmet. Voted "the Best in Berks" in numerous categories. Chosen 1 of USA TODAY's Top 10 Restaurants in the Nation for Wings! Reservations suggested. Plenty of attended off-street parking. Family friendly-casual atmosphere. Yes, you can still throw peanutshells on the floor. The Peanut Bar Restaurant, where peanuts are just the beginning!
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Great family, special occasion or everyday fun place. Annie's crab cakes and the house made pretzel ice cream cake are two of my favorite choices. You will see a mixed crowd or hockey fans and symphony goers. Local flavor. Plenty of off street parking behind the restaurant.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I've been in and out of the peanut bar for many years. The food is ok but the part the strikes me the most is nothing was ever redone inside the restaurant. New paint, wall paper anything would be nice. The food is average the peanuts are good but I think they would do better if they undated the interior.

The service is good, the bathrooms same as the restaurant need updating. The food is average. Don't think the menu has changed much either. I think it's a place for regulars. But would do much better if they change a few things for everyone.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I was so bummed. When I first came to visit family in this area we were frequent customers and I loved this place. Then time went by, I ended up moving to area, and forgot about it until recently...and went unexpectedly. ..and won't be in hurry to go back..sad because I had such good memories of the food!

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We love the Peanut Bar!!! It's been our after holiday parade tradition for more years than I remember!!! Very highly recommended!! Especially love the cheese balls and French onion soup!!!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The Peanut Bar Restaurant is a historic gem in downtown Reading. The ode to tradition standard PA Dutch style menu is a great local offering but, the daily rotating specials menu is true prize here. With the kitchen consistently executing perfect Risotto's, Mahi Mahi, Pan Seared Scallops, Chilean Seabass,and more. Highly recommended!