“Delicious Meal!”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 10 & I-176 ( Green Hills Exit)
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I went to Dan's for dinner. We were greeted by Bill, the owner . We received an Amuse-Bouche from the chef which was excellent. I had the Foie Gras while my husband ordered Caesar salad for his appetizer. We both chose the twin ducks cooked to order by the chef's recommendation. Everything was just perfectly prepared. The duck was moist and tender. Our waitress was wonderful. Once again , there was no room for dessert , but a cup of coffee was just fine. I'm glad we chose to go to Dan's for a relaxed and excellent dinner. I was glad to hear that the restaurant may be open on Sundays and maybe even Mondays starting in February. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was there three times this spring so enough to get a real feel for it. The food is just average. Frozen peas in the risotto may be a sin. I love the ambiance but the food is now pedestrian at best and three different guests were underwhelmed to various degrees. There is just nothing that sets it apart and as high end dining it misses by a wide margin.

1  Thank Ken P
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We decided to make a reservation at Dan’s at Green Hills for a Saturday night when we learned college friends were on vacation and in our area visiting from their home in San Francisco. In the past we had enjoyed excellent meals at Dan's when it was located on Penn Street in downtown Reading. We thought this a perfect opportunity to check out their new restaurant and catch up with old friends. We were not disappointed, the charm of the historic inn and restaurant set the tone from the outside (love the outside sign, reminds me of something out of "It’s a wonderful life" classic movie.) We were greeted by owner Monir and escorted to a large round table by the fireplace while we waited for our friends to join us (they were late as us usual LOL). It was warm outside but nice, comfortable and cool in the dining room. We were offered water, beverages and given some dinner rolls to keep us busy, no sense of urgency to turn a table which was appreciated. The waitress Mary was very pleasant and knowledgeable and informed us of the nightly specials. Two of us had the wild mushroom soup with ham appetizer, it was out of this world wonderful, others had the beet salad and gave it two thumbs up. For my entrée, I had the strip steak (medium), which was large and fork tender and came with risotto. Other selections enjoyed were the roasted lamb, the diver scallops and the veal chop. My friends could not stop raving about the exceptional meal. Since we were all really full and happy, we shared a creme brulee and a decadent chocolate dessert with spoons for sharing. The coffee was really good too. The owner, Mr. Bill Woolworth stopped by our table to welcome us soon after our friends arrived. “Bill” as he likes to be called, asked us where we were from and the conversation was like we had been long time friends for 30 years, talk about hospitality! My friends and he discussed wine (I prefer martini’s), and I had my perfect Grey Goose martini and they selected several different bottles of wine which they enjoyed with their meal. Mr. Woolworth was extremely friendly and cordial and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. We look forward to going to Dan’s at Green Hill’s for the next special event, whatever it may be. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We arrived on time and the staff seated us immediately. The waitress was very pleasant and attentive. I enjoyed mushroom soup as my first course and diver scallops as my entree. Both were excellent. Our entire party enjoyed desert.

We will certainly return to this resturant which seems out of sorts in a small town.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My wife and I eat out fairly often, at Green Hills, perhaps ( given the cost ) once a year. This was our 1st time this year. Soup ( Red pepper with Crab ) was absolutely wonderful. Steak a tad overdone; but, better than any we've had in the past year ( to include Brazil and Argentina ). Service Staff is young, but attentive. Drinks expensive, but worth the price, if you like quality.

Noise level suitable for a romantic interlude, or a quiet conversation with friends.

Menu is somewhat limited; but, corresponds to their Internet site... so check it out before you go.