“Dan's At Green Hills - New location on Morgantown Rd., Reading”
Review of Green Hills Inn - CLOSED

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 10 & I-176 ( Green Hills Exit)
Reviewed 25 September 2014

This review is for Dan's At Green Hills, south of Reading, on Morgantown Rd.
This charming restaurant welcomes you into a quaint farmhouse that's tastefully decorated and hints of fine things to come. We asked for seating in the Garden Room which overlooks a beautiful spacious patio that affords alfresco dining in proper weather. We were promptly seated, and the wait staff continued with fine, attentive, informative service.
The menu was excellent. They offered an selection of appetizers and salads. The fresh seasonal heirloom tomato salad was delicious. Entrees ranged from chicken, to duck breasts, filet mignon, rack of lamb, veal, and fish. The food was prepared and presented in fine dining style. Every meal was delicious. We will return again and again.

1  Thank Edbud

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good food mostly country French style. Reasonable wine list. Limited alcohol selection.
Pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

On April 17th I hosted a dinner meeting for about 20 medical professionals at Dan's Green Hills Inn, and was totally satisfied! The owner and staff did an excellent job with the logistics, room preparation, and menu. Our room was well lit, and had ample room for the entire audience. The pre-fixed menu choices ranged filet of beef, New York strip, Pennsylvania chicken, roasted salmon, and chicken penne pasta. All of the entres were excellent, and the portions were just right. The meal started with a delicious mushroom soup, and a scrumptious house salad. The very pleasing desert options were either chocolate cake or cheesecake with fresh berries. Servers were efficient and quiet, and the owner was ever-present to make sure that the evening went off without issue. The only thing that could have been better was the occasional noise from an adjacent room that filtered through the door. I would not hesitate to book another group meal at this charming establishment in the rural countryside.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We celebrated my mother's 80th birthday here recently and the food was well-prepared and creatively inspired. The wine and beer list were quite good as well. The Inn has a very cozy comfortable feel to it. It was a rainy night and they had a nice fire going in the fireplace. Highly recommended for a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I went to Dan's for dinner. We were greeted by Bill, the owner . We received an Amuse-Bouche from the chef which was excellent. I had the Foie Gras while my husband ordered Caesar salad for his appetizer. We both chose the twin ducks cooked to order by the chef's recommendation. Everything was just perfectly prepared. The duck was moist and tender. Our waitress was wonderful. Once again , there was no room for dessert , but a cup of coffee was just fine. I'm glad we chose to go to Dan's for a relaxed and excellent dinner. I was glad to hear that the restaurant may be open on Sundays and maybe even Mondays starting in February. Can't wait to return.