“Great brisket”

Skeeter's Pit BBQ
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Shamokin Dam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Stopped here for lunch and literally couldn't finish the food and didn't need dinner that evening! HUGE portions and I found the brisket to be moist and not TOO smokey, the coleslaw awesome, and the beans were very unique and tasty.

One word of caution - DON'T order a side of fries...did that, and there was SO much on the platter I didn't need nor could eat the fries.

If the weather is good, sit outside for an awesome view and pleasant meal!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Although not generally a favorite food of mine, I was convinced into going to Skeeter's BBQ for the river view.
Both of my companions enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich. I went for the Skewered shrimp and baked been substitute for fries, both quite satisfying.
I was not aware until arriving that it was an order at the counter place and serve at table. Seemed to work pretty well so not a problem. We were quickly found at our outside table and ate our lunches with a river view.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

This hidden gem packs their BBQ with tons of flavor!!!
Don't miss dining with a view of the river when you are in the area or at the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA!!!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

I have passed this place a few times traveling for work, I finally had the time to stop in and try, I could not decide so I tried a little of everything, ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork
I will be bringing my family here it is going to be well worth the trip! I am also a huge fan of corn bread and cole slaw, and it is difficult to find places that make them well, But not here, you will NOT be disappointed. Fantastic Job Skeeter's, and I also want to give a shout out to the staff very halpful and wtremely knowledgable about the menu.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Ate in mid afternoon. The place was empty except for us and one other couple. The food was tasty enough and the ribs were very good but the pulled pork and chicken were barely warm and somewhat dry.

Been to Skeeter's Pit BBQ? Share your experiences!