All reviews hi express manager barbara pancake making machine front desk last minute stop flat tire coupon book soft pillows direct tv pool and hot tub room was clean and comfortable i highly recommend this hotel the breakfast area walk in shower ice machine excellent stay staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This Hotel stay was an in-between stop during our travels. We were given Room 330, a 2 Queen Bed Type Room. The Hotel is New, with very nice Modern Decor, and is Colorful and Bright. The Staff is friendly. The Hotel is clean for the most part, but already there are some stains on the Hallway Carpeting that we saw up near the Rooms and the Elevator, on the Floor 3, where we stayed. Also in our Room, the one lounge chair is stained, and so was the Bed Box Spring covering on the Edge of it as well. The area of the Hotel is quiet, and the Hotel seemed to hold quiet privacy for Guests. The view outside the window was nothing but acres of Farm Land, and outside the smell is of Farm Fresh Land. This Hotel is certainly in a very Country setting and is relaxing. It is normal that they have Bugs outside the Hotel, and on one occasion we were seeing some small Worms or maybe it was a Caterpillar come into the ground floor areas, mostly near the front entrance and the back doors in the Breakfast seating areas, and we also had a Millipede in our Bathroom but we think it came from the Luggage Cart that was housed in the Front Door section.

In this Hotel there is an indoor pool, but not much seating is there for Guests, and there is No Hot Tub. They have a small fitness room that you can see the indoor Pool room. They have a 2 station Business center right next to the Front Desk, along with a very small, for purchase, Mini-Mart. They have a small Guest Laundry Room. They have a very small area for outdoor Patio seating in the back, off of the Breakfast seating area, not fancy, but okay.

The Beds and Pillows were comfortable, and the room had adequate space. There is no private Safe Box in the room, and there is also no door on the closet, but it has an Iron and Board. The Shower was okay, but the Water Pressure could use a bit better of a boost to it.

The complimentary Breakfast is very nice. They have a nice selection of both Hot and Cold, with a Pancake making machine, which is very nice and tasty when it is working, but there was a problem with the Pancake Machine to work well.

Overall this is a nice Hotel, and I recommend it, and we would stay here again.

Room tip: Stay on the 3rd Floor for a Quiet Stay and nice View.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Barbara M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

DeoniaNeveu,

I want to thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it is a compliment that you will recommend us and stay here again.

I want you to know that I will be meeting with our maintenance crew this morning and we will be going over things you found. There is a hot tub in the corner of the pool area, I am sorry you missed it, it so relaxing after a long day in the car or long hours at work.

We look forward to having you back again if you are in the area.

Barbara M 0 GM

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel was awesome!
Extremely clean and the lady at the front desk was fantastic! She was super accommodating and so kind. Clean clean clean!!!!! They have a free continental breakfast . This hotel is a win win for anyone who stays here

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine B
Barbara M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Christine B, Thank you for this great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed staying with us. I can't wait to share this with our staff. They work so hard to maintain these fantastic rooms and our front desk really enjoy their jobs and it shows. We hope you will come back again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This is the hotel to stay at when visiting Shippensburg University! The staff is always pleasant, the rooms are comfortable, and they have a great breakfast!

Last week, I had an emergency situation and needed a room at the last minute. Barb, the manager, was very helpful and understanding and was able to get me a room.

This is the kind of service that assures repeat customers. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Shippensburg will always be my choice when I’m in town. Thanks again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank VanDo
Barbara M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you VanDo, We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you at the last minute. We strive to give the best customer service. We thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to having you back again when you are in town.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Got in before dark to rest for long ride south- paved lot was new asked to park under overhang since possible rain in morning. Mgr had desk wake me at 10 pm to move bike - I’m a 56 yr old female - don’t stay here! Obviously motorcycle riders aren’t accepted here like other holiday inn locations!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jo G
Barbara M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Jo G,
I am sorry for your inconvenience parking your motorcycle. Our entire parking lot was seal coated the day of your arrival and cones were put around the new stamped concrete area under the canopy. The company that seal coated our parking lot put cones around the area to keep anyone from parking and leaving tire marks. The staff was informed not to allow anyone to park there. We all enjoy our motorcycle guest and we have different groups stay with us year after year. This is not the norm and for that we apologize.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is the first hotel I have ever been in that did not have blackout shades. All night, I saw lights & it felt like someone had left some lamps on. Maybe the back off the hotel is darker at night. Also, don't know why the shower head had to be one foot from the ceiling. Who is 6'3"? Nice employees. Ultra basic b'fast.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Anita R
Barbara M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I can assure you that every room of the hotel has black out curtains and I checked the room you were in to assure they were there. Our hotel backs up to a field and we are one mile from the highway. The shower head is a rain fall shower head and is that high to ensure all guest staying with us are able to get under it and feels like a rain fall over you. We work very hard to ensure that each guest has a great experience and my front desk agent had informed me she was unable to help you with the dark out curtains as your husband was sleeping. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, please stop back again so we can show that this was not the norm.

Barbara Motichka - GM