All reviewshot tubclear creekstate forestcook forestcabincampgroundsewagecampfirekey
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

We (ages ranging from 8-65), stayed for 2 nights in the Yukon cabin, and had such a great time! The hot tub was clean, and enjoyed by all. 2 bedrooms were downstairs along with the 1 bathroom in the house. In the upstairs loft there were 3 full size beds. The kitchen provided exactly what we needed, and is stocked well with dishes etc. you are required to bring your own linens also. We had a rainy weekend but we're still able to go on an hour long horseback ride at the cooks forest dude ranch, which was so great! The only downside was all the mattresses and pillows on all of the beds are old and slightly dirty, the mattresses are very thin and you can feel the springs, one mattress stained with blood? Not sure what it was. That is my only complaint, other than that the cabin is clean and extremely comfortable. We truly enjoyed our stay. The older lady in the campers paradise store/checkin, is the absolute sweetest, kindest lady, we appreciated how helpful and friendly she was.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank racb1
CampersParadise, Manager at Campers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Campers Paradise was a total disappointment. It started with check in when we arrived 12 minutes early 3:48 and were told, in a not so pleasant way that check in wasn't until 4:00.I apologized and told the lady that I would go sit in the car until 4:00 PM. Our grown kids joined us and we paid an extra $20 a day for each of them for each day and then were told only two people were allowed in the 4 person hot tub at a time. Nowhere on their website does it state that. We were also told that a security deposit of $100 would be pended onto our credit card that we had to agree to and if any water in the hot tub was displaced we would be charged $25. The cabin was advertised as 2 Adult/2 children. So I would like to reiterate that if a family of 4 rents this cabin you will not be allowed in the hot tub with your kids. We choose this cabin because it had air conditioning which turned out to be an a/c unit in the living room. It was very uncomfortable in the bedroom so we choose to sleep on the pull out couch in the living room which was also quite uncomfortable, but the worst part of it was when we were awakened next morning to a man outside lifting the hot tub cover. I guess he was checking to see if we had displaced any water, but we hadn't even used the hot tub and it was very startling to wake up to a man right outside our windows while we were still in our pajamas. When we left we made sure to clean, sweep and leave everything exactly as we found it and when we inquired about our security deposit we were told they would check the cabin and if everything was to their satisfaction the security deposit wouldn't be charged. However we were left hanging on this. We were return guests and told the owners that we had given them a very favorable review on Trip Adviser last year, so you would have thought that they would have appreciated that, but it seemed like they didn't care at all. So we would like to retract our review from last year (Karen M. July 17, 2015-unbelievable camping experience....although once again it was, but absolutely not the n a good way. There are many campsites throughout the area, in our opinion you would be better off choosing another one. The staff did not make us feel welcome in fact they were down right unpleasant nor did they accommodate us in the slightest. We would never go back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank jodymorris58
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We recently spent 3 days here in their covered wagon. It was 2 adults and 6 (yes, six) kids ages 4-10. First the good! The grounds were meticulously kept. The bathrooms were probably the cleanest I have ever seen at a campground. The wagon was super cool and fit all of us comfortably. It was clean, the site was clean, the fire pit was even clean. The pool was great, the store was fun, etc. The kids also loved the playground! Our site was very private. We felt "apart" from the rest of the campground- which was probably a good thing given the rowdy nature of the children. We stayed Mon-Wed and actually wondered if maybe we were the only people there at all. It was quiet, very beautiful, and very clean. The kids found a ton of critters and really enjoyed their stay.

The reason I didn't rate it better was that I felt like they added an additional charge to every single thing one could think of. You had to pay for their firewood (you could not bring your own or buy it elsewhere. Basically you had to pay to have a fire), the wifi (no cell service at all, and I needed to keep in touch with my mother somehow), the key to get into the facility, even if you wanted to use the pool on the day you checked out. The key would have been a refundable fee, but no one was in the store when we left so we had to just eat the cost. There was also a pizza store that wasn't open during the week. Very strange to me, given that it was July! I also would not consider staying there in a tent. The tent sites were all basically in one big open area. No privacy at all.

We had one really nice lady helping us when we checked in. She was very excited about the wagon being a surprise for the kids-a real grandmother type. I appreciated her kindness ten-fold. Everyone else we encountered either acted like we were bugging them by wanting to buy ice cream, or was openly hostile. My parking pass fell off the review mirror of the car and I was accosted at pool about it- despite it being visible on the front seat.

It was a beautiful campground and the kids really loved the covered wagon.. but given the many many similar places to camp in the area, I am not sure I'd go back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Mushy1127
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Our family absolutely loves the kids halloween weekend! They have so many fun things for the kids to do!!!! We will be back every year for the Halloween weekend!!!! Trick or treating, planting magic pumpkin seeds, pumpkin decorating contest, cast iron cooking, dj!!!! All of the staff r very friendly!!!! Couldn't ask for a better campground!!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kimmiendress

Thank you for the awesome review!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We tented with some friends and could not have had a better time. The staff stopped by and welcomed us and even hung out for a bit. Our kids played at the playground, we played bingo, swam, and basically had a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much and see you soon.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AdamC3027

Looking forward to seeing you in 2017!