Comfort Inn
Econo Lodge(Somerset)
Budget Inn(Somerset)
A1Economy Inn(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskpa turnpikewaffleshot eggsflight memorialthe lower levelgreat water pressurebreakfast roomwould stay here againan older hoteldecent hotelrefrigerator and microwavepleasant staybreakfast was includedconvenient locationstaff was friendlyclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Just came back from a weekend at this comfort inn. Had read reviews online and wasn't sure what to think. I must say the hotel exceeded all of my expectations. Check-in easy with very friendly people at front desk. Had seen on website they have a lounge, but read on tripadvisor that it wasn't always open. Therefore, before I made my reservation, I called and asked what times they were open. The lounge is open 5-10PM Wed through Sat.(or later if they are busy). Therefore, I made my reservation for Fri-Sat night. The bartender, Davon, was exceptionally friendly, competent, and fun, even though she was only on the job for three weeks! The room was very clean, bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was quite adequate with fruit, yogurt, variety of breads and muffins, waffle maker, juices, coffee, tea, cereal, and oatmeal. Was varied with one morning having sausage and french toast, and the other morning bacon and scrambled eggs. Pool was open, not heated but outside temperature was mid 80's, so it cooled you off. Walking distance to a few restaurants. Everyone working there was very friendly, housekeeping very nice. My only complaint would be that in the lounge the pool table quarter taking thing where one placed quarters to play a game was broken, and the poor bartender had to interrupt tending bar to come over and unlock the pool table to let the balls loose!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to come to the Somerset area. On the way to the area from Pgh, stopped at Living Treasures animal park. Also went to Flight 93 Memorial, and Quecreek mine rescue site, all visits I would also recommend.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Comfort I, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We definitely appreciate all the compliments pertaining to our staff and property. Devon is a wonderful bartender who we are blessed to have. Along with her, we do have an amazing staff who all will go above and beyond to provide guests with a great stay! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Very courteous staff, paid very good attention to our needs. The handicapped room was ideal for our needs. Suggestions and a coupon for eating places close by the site were helpful as well. We also enjoyed the breakfast that was provided before we left. If we go out that way again, we would definitely stop and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much! We're glad to know you had a nice visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

We stayed here for one night on our trip around Pennsylvania. It was easy to locate; little trouble if you are walking to restaurants like we were as they prohibit you from crossing the roads (at least where we were crossing!)! We had to get creative.
Good breakfast; coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2016

When I complained to the front desk manager about the dirt that was left in the room, she became defensive and argumentative, telling me how great her staff is. Then she told me that she would issue a partial refund. Never received the refund. So that makes her a liar, too.
The parking lot is on two levels, both of which are small and very difficult to navigate if you have anything bigger than a car. The hotel is stretched out with one elevator in the middle, so if you have luggage and parked at the far end from where the rear entrance is located, you will have a long walk without ramps in the curbing. If you are driving a semi, you will required to back into the gravel parking lot down the street. On the positive side, the Pine Grill was within walking distance and offered good food.
We have stayed at many Comfort Inns and in a city with so many hotels, I thought that Comfort Inn would be a wise choice. Not this time.
Summary: If you like an unclean room and rude treatment, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first or stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Turn5
Comfort I, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. i'm so very sorry you feel the way that you do. From check in to check out, we could not satisfy any of your expectations and I do apologize for that. I know you were not happy with our room price, our pet fee, or our policy regarding parking. I'm very sorry, but these are basic policies our staff adheres to, to provide all of our guests with the same treatment. Yes, our parking is split somewhat into 2 levels, to be more convenient to our guests depending on where their room is located. I would not call them small and difficult to manage, by any means. We also have 2 large lots dedicated to those guests who are traveling in something bigger like a tractor trailer or recreational vehicle. At checkout your main criticism was my staff, who I do believe treated you with the utmost respect, as they do with all our guests! I do not recall informing you I would give you a partial discount, but if you'd like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call me. Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Driving through Pennsylvania...getting late so I decided to stop...convenient..close to turnpike...nice place...clean..helpful staff..lounge for those cold ones...could use blackout curtains...not used to lite where I sleep

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while passing through! We're glad you decided to stop! Thank you for the kind words about our staff and property! We appreciate it! I'm so sorry you didn't contact the desk and tell us about the blackout curtains. We would have informed you that they are there, just located behind the decorative curtains. Thanks again!