All reviewsno tv or phonetennishancockremotewoods
Reviewed 11 June 2017

This is a very old inn packed with many antiques. Expect a rustic setting in a quiet area in the woods on a beautiful lake. There is no TV in the rooms which enhances the quiet experience. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the food was amazing. We also had lunch in the little tavern. It was almost like visiting my grandmother's home but much larger (and the cooking was much better than grandma's). If you are looking for a rustic stay in the woods by the lake which is refreshingly unlike any Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn, this is it!

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank peb668
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Loaded with "character," if character means rooms that smell like a wet dog and cobwebs. Lake is more like a puddle. Nasty innkeepers. On the plus side, it is ridiculously overpriced. Would not stay here again if you paid me.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
12  Thank rushbuckley63
Reviewed 29 September 2016

The Inn at Starlake is truly a hidden gem for those who are looking for a little escape from civilization. It’s a beautiful little motel in the middle of nowhere. My husband and I traveled to Pennsylvania in September. The narrow country roads looked kind of spooky at night but once we arrived we we relieved to see this wonderful antique house on the top of the hill just a few steps off the lake. We were greeted by a friendly cat who ran to our car like a little bell boy. The main entrance is like a portal to the past. The lobby is pretty much a curiosity store filled with awesome antique stuff. The room was clean and true to the theme, decorated tastefully with antiquities. Keep in mind: no TV, no phone, which is great if you’re seeking peace and quiet. The selling point is the nature around, it’s just breathtaking, just perfect for hiking in the summertime. There are rowboats available for rent so you can enjoy the lake. There’s also a tennis court. The list of activities is in the binder in the room. The breakfast is included and it’s delicious! Looking forward to stay there again next fall.

Room Tip: Embrace the nature.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank svetmaust
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Run down, chipping paint, rotting decks, rooms smell like mold, sheets, blankets and towels were thread bare. Dark dingy depressing place. Breakfast was ok. Service was beyond slow. Owner is not a happy person.
Seems like they're having financial trouble.
I just discovered a charge on my CC months after our stay for 4 times the cost of the room. When I called she basically said I have no time to look into this. Figure it out and call the bank. Originally I did not write a review trying to have compassion for someone just trying to hold on, but after the credit card response I feel the need to warn others. Stay away...far away.

Room Tip: don't bother. keep driving
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank 484likestotravel
Reviewed 17 September 2016

It's a delightful spot, by the small lake, and, since it is over 100 years old, has plenty of character. The rooms are cosy, but ours was fine even if the floor did slope a bit in our en-suite bathroom. No a/c, but no problem as it wasn't too hot and there were window fans. Breakfast was slow, but tasty. However, what left a bad taste in the mouth was the over-charging. Apparently it is policy to add 15% to your room rate for "cleaning". Check your bill carefully if you stay here.

Room Tip: Stay in the Inn, not a cottage
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yycyycyyc
InnkeeperSari, Innkeeper at The Inn at Starlight Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry that you left with a bad taste, but I do believe that when you booked through a third party you were advised that there is a 15% resort fee. When booking directly with the Inn all future guests are advised of the 15% which is added to your bill as you are asked not to tip during your stay at the Inn. I can assure you that these funds go directly to your servers, housekeeper and other support staff at the Inn.

Once again, glad you liked the Inn and hope that you now understand the additional charge.