This inn is a must stay for someone new to the PSU world. It offers very quaint experiences with some 2011+ upgrades (like Wifi). The inn is located at the end of the campus, next to the world famous Nittany Lion Shrine.
PROS: Location, location, location - on campus, next to the Lion Shrine, beautiful grounds, easy to walk to anything on campus or the bus loops. In fact, the bus is literally right out the back door, and the White and Blue Loops are FREE OF CHARGE. The hotel is closest to the West Residence Halls, some education and engineering buildings, the "mall," and the Library. I think this is the prettiest part of campus. When driving, it's at a very popular intersection and very easy to find.
CONS: Book in advance! Rooms sell out super, super, super fast especially during football season and popular wedding months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College