“Fantastic Dinner Experience!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2016

My wife and I, along with another couple met at Kyma for dinner. This was my first time here, but surely not my last. Everything from start to finish was great...prompt seating, service and the food. My meal (Prime Rib) was cooked perfectly. The others in my party raved about their entrees as well. My Shrimp cocktail appetizer had huge shrimp with a tangy cocktail sauce. I also had the Creamy Maryland Crab Soup which was loaded with Real crab meat. As stated above, my Prime Rib was perfect. Sadly, I didn't have room for dessert, but got to take it 'to go'. Our server, Jordan, was absolutely a pure gem. She was extremely pleasant, very knowledgeable of the menu and was always checking if we needed anything. In a nutshell, my wife and I will be returning to Kyma for another fine dining experience.

1  Thank pokerplayer46

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Just happened upon Kyma Seafood Grill and absolutely fell in love with the place! I ate the 4oz filet and crab stuffed shrimp. The crab stuffing was overflowing, almost totally crabmeat. My filet was cooked to perfection. My husband ordered the broiled seafood and said it was delicious. Greg, out server, was extremely personable and had us laughing all evening! We loved it so much that we went back the very next night.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We usually are seated inside Kyma or Johnny's but the weather was great so tried the Dock for casual fare. The server was wonderful and did not rush us. The drinks were terrific - Greek Martini, Orange Crush, Margarita, and more. Our seafood was awesome: raw oysters, oysters Rockerfeller, steamed clams, and crab cocktails. It was very relaxing and an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

My wife had been asking for us to visit Kyma for some time now, so this weekend I took her as part of her birthday present. We loved everything about it.

When we walked in the door, the hostess greeted us with a warm smile, and immediately took us to a booth....this was on a Saturday evening, at 7:45.

Within a minute of being seated, we were greeted by our server, Jordan. What a vivacious, happy, knowledgeable delight she was to have as our server....I don't know what she gets paid, but she deserves a raise.

As far as our meals go, they were wonderful.....we shared the Boom-Boom Shrimp App, and it was very tasty, as well as containing a bit of a kick. We both had a cup of clam chowder (it was, IMHO, Pa Dutch Style), it wasn't our favorite, ever, but it was different.....give it a try. She also had a side salad and the veggies were cold and fresh, and the home made salad dressing was very good. Joan had the grilled Mahi-Mahi, but couldn't make up her mind as to which sauce she should have...she was torn between 3 different ones.....Jordan was non- plused, and said no problem, she'll bring all 3 for her to try (which she did). Joan said her entrée was wonderful. I had the breaded and fried combination seafood platter which had clam strips, haddock fillets, large scallops, a crab cake, and 3 or the largest butterflied shrimp I've ever seen. Everything was very, very tasty, however the clam strips were a bit tough and gummy. Everything else was great. For dessert, we shared a piece of the chocolate/peanut butter cake, and it was also very tasty.

Joan also had one of their specialty martinis and commented on how good it was.

A few other comments: dirty dishes and glasses were promptly removed....I even observed the hostess removing dirty dishes from a table as she passed by.....the rest rooms were clean, and well stocked.....the parking lot is huge, and we got lucky and got a space right outside the front door.....the portions are large, don't be surprised if you take a doggie bag home with you....Jordon was nice enough to box up 3 boxes for us to take home.....don't pass on the rolls.....they were hot, fluffy, and tasty....they don't accept reservations unless the party is for at least 8 persons......ask for Jordan to be your server.

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I was visiting family and they took me along for girls night out. The food was very good and you get a lot! The drinks were good and the service was too. Sitting outside on the patio was very nice too. Enjoyable evening!